Ph going down wtf?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Clifford, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Setup is 2 DWC (Rumple style), fire bagseed (random seeds from HGS). they are in there about third week of veg under a 250watt MH. Ph stays constant when I flush/add nutes at 5.7 with Lucas Formula. I'm currently at 1/2 strength nutes flushed/added today.

Here is the problem, I KNOW the PH is causing whatever is wrong because last night well say plant Z was at 5.2, so I added a tinnnnnnny amount of PH UP, enough to bring it to 5.6. But what I don't understand is why the PH is going down as opposed to going up. I believe the PH UP is messing my Z plant up, but I really can't do anything about it. Help me out and tell me why the PH would be lowering as opposed to rising, which I'm sure its supposed to do. Oh PPM was at 220, after flush it is now at 300. Thanks in adance, If something is not clear let me know.

2. It keeps getting worse, and it's having an effect on my plants. Someone help. I flushed everything 3 days ago, added fresh nutes and the ph stayed stable at 5.7 till today when it dropped all the way to 4.8! Help me out please!!!

3. i think u need to add more nutes
    pp 300 is pretty low
    id suggest 800-1000

ph swings are normal
    usually its coused by changing water / nutes proportion
    plant drinks water and u get less water and more nutes
    nutes lower ph

4. ok, so what do you think I should do? Flush everything out and add full strength or 3/4 strength nutes? 800-1000 seems so strong though. I just topped one yesterday, waiting for it to grow out right now. Help me out here man, I know you know what you're talking about, I've read plenty of stuff by you haha. LMK what you would do in the situation..

5. don't jump up to 800-1000 quite yet

you are very low for 3rd week in veg. but since you have been low (250) you should raise it up slowly. like cheange to 400 ppm, then 2-3 days later 550, then a few days later 650....so on and so forth

6. so should i do the addback approach this time and flush on the regular day or switch it all out right now and start at like 400?