ph go down?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newthumbgreen, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Hi all
    Got a question here: in hydroponic about 5 week flowering, you set fresh.water and.nute ph ajusted to 5.8
    But the next day ph have go down to 5.5 and 5.6 is that possible or it.was just the old water with low ph.....?
    Ph is suppose to go up or in some case it can go down?
    I have read the section on ph but.im not sure so
    Thanks a lot in advance.for answer

2. the ph will vary as the plants feed/drink. with a smaller rez, the changes happen quickly. imo, it's best to have a good 5 gal. per plant.

3. Well guy.at hydro.store told my friend for a 4x4 hydro bac a 100 litter contenaier is enough if you full it.everyday
    But any idea why ph go down instead of going up?

4. pH going down can be caused by multiple things...off the top of my head, I'd check for over feeding (ppm too high) or rot...

5. Ppm is good .about 1.8 + .100 from original. No overfeed they also dont look overfeed
    What you mean by rot? What can they have?

6. I can't pinpoint your problem, just trying to give a couple of suggestions of things to look for...;)

As your plants use up the water, does the ppm stay steady? If it goes up, they are using more water than nutes...if it goes down, the opposite...

In a perfect world, ppm would stay steady as the water is used up, indicating that the plants are using water and nutes at equal levels...

Possible root rot...not saying you have it, but I'd check if you can...it can cause all sorts of pH swing problems...

Root rot is usually caused by lack of air to the roots...

7. We take.a.lok.at that thank a lot for those informations
    Little orange balls is used..... Root root mean that the root are with root of the second plan by the other plan?
    Rot root mean.the rot of 1 plan is.stick with the rot of another plan? Or its just root need more.oxygen?im dont think about oxygen and ppm but maybe plans are too close from each other so because that?
    Sory for my english in tryng to do my best. I appreaciate your time you take to answer to me

8. No worries about the english...;)

Root rot will tend to be on all plants within a short period of time...check for discoloration and slime on the roots, if you can get at them easily...

Little orange balls, as in hydroton?

9. Hydroton yes... So acces it not really easy but they dont really look all full white youno a very little orange or brow n mixted with the little root.seen..this color is cause hydroton ? Or any idea ?
    This is can be caused by neem oil mixed with water dropped in the 4x4.bac?( couple days ago they have been shoted with neem )

10. Your hydroton shouldn't leech off any colour as long as you washed it properly...

What are you treating with the neem? What concentration are you using it at in the res?

I've never tried neem in the res, but is that the cause of your pH swing?

11. No no not using neem in res hahahaha... Shooted neen under the leaf i mean and a bit over so the excess who fall in the 4x4 and mix with other water and go in the tank. But i dont think so...used it good at 1 teaspoon or 2 in 1 litter of water
    Also hydroton has been washed properly in water for 72 hrs

12. Well we going to look at ppm.tomorow and will see if they drop or increase they are at 1830 atm
    And the best can do until 3 last is try to keep ph up by changing the water tank every couple days
    Otherwise if the ph keep droping to 5.2 can buy a raise ph? Do its gonna work or not?

13. Ahhh...yeah, I've read about using neem in the res, but never tried it myself...

Alright...here's my opinion...seems like you just are inquiring about a curiosity, not a real problem...

pH swings can be caused by water hardness, chlorine in the water, using different nutes at different rates, as well as a thousand other things...

Did this just start now? Is it continuing? Is it getting worse?

Realistically, I'd say if it's not causing you a problem, I wouldn't worry too much...growbot also brings up a great point...your plants are probably sucking things up pretty fast right now, so any changes become noticeable a lot more quickly...

14. Yes...you can buy pH up...

1830ppm? Wow...that's pretty high...0.5 or 0.7 conversion?

15. Well ppm is still stable.at 1830..not suppose to be high followed gradation for 85 litter is .200 ml of a and 200 of b (that give around 1800 to 1850 normaly
    Ph is 5.4
    Anyway going to wait tomorrow to see what hapen
    I apreaciate yours answer thank.a lot

16. Well just seen the real problem.of ph since the 100 test.of the little bottle brought to mamualy test the ph with a solution mixed with water and you look the color that give. Was always btween. 5.5 and 6 but after this we was adding nute so i think the entire veg time and 5 week of flo ph was really wrong if you consider ading nutes reduce ph again for about a .5-.6
    Since brought the digital.tester calibrated with ph 7 .was filing water tank to about 100 litter . Wait 1 days do reduce emision inside water and then add nytrients. And then check ph and lower it to around 5.5 to 5.8
    So that why all of those question right now.caus of a digital testor hahaha.
    They looks fine like pepsi 500 ml bottle so im not worried about that but more about being perfect and i dont want ph affect that. And i want a know everyting on that its so interesting..i mean we are like the real people the scientist one... That why they dont like us.....

17. it's not the size of the tray/table that comes into play with your rez and ph, it's the number of plants feeding/drinking out of the rez. so with a 100 liter rez, you should be good for about 25 plants. also, i wouldn't think you would need to be topping off your rez every day, unless you have a lot of plants that are pretty good size. have you been cleaning your rez at all? you get a bit of algae growing in there and that can play a part in your ph...

18. #18 newthumbgreen, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Well its 20 female with big bottle . Tank is washed everytime..changing wayer like every 7 days and its not really dirt when i wash it only caus of nutes was siting in the tank so it let a bit of them.stick.on the tank. I clean it with hot water . And then when its clean i fill it with tue new water... So from.what you say i think im good :)
    I come back later in the day with more information with the update of the ppm and ph

Thank.to keep an eye here with me i appreaciate it
    Good morning and have a good day !!!!

19. Hi again so here what happen today:
    Ppm have increase of 100 from last nigth its now 1930 and last night it was 1830 so no big deal
    Ph is kinda coming back around 5.4 - 5.5
    So not going to take any chance and changed water tank with fresh water and instead of adding 200 ml of solution a and 200ml of b .we just added 150 it reduce ppm to about 1200 i think and ajusted ph at 5.9
    Well see tomoroww if its still falling otherwise not gonna waste 200 ml of solution every 2-3 days...going to buy ph up lol if the problem persist

20. See? You don't need help troubleshooting, you're doing just fine with your own observations...:cool: