PH flushing soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I was told last night that for 10 gallons of soil, I will need to flush it with 30 gallons of neutral (PH 7) water, I have 12 pots, so that is 360 gallons of water I have to make neutral then flush, can anyone confirm this or think of a better way?

2. Are you having ph problems?

3. Yeah u need to use 3 x the amount of watet to dirt, sucks lol. But my water comes out my Ro about 7 so I dont ph balance it.

4. Not having PH problems, just was told that's what you have to do with new soil, now I have to get my hands on 360 gallons of neutral water, what if I flush just like 10 gallons and it comes out with a neutral PH, do I have to continue?

5. I've never flushed fresh soil, and I wouldn't flush unless I was having ph problems. Pre-harvest flushing is optional, for better taste.

6. Why would you flush new soil? If your using say like Pro Mix or Fox Farms flushing it would remove all the nutes that are in there.

For myself I actually never flush unless Im having some sort of issue. Don't flush pre harvest either. I have in the past but never noticed a difference.

7. Thank you all for your comments :D