PH down simply not working

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Crush, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Hello,

I'm very frusterated. It seems that vinegar is the only thing that I can get to lower my PH.

I have tried two diffrent brands of PH down. One from wal-mart, the other from the fish store. When I add the drops, it simply doesn't make a different.

The only thing that will make my meter go down is vinegar.

I'm using hydroponics and would it be OK if i just used vinegar?

Thanks,

2. I dont see why not. But i have absolutely No hydroponical experience so lets just wait and see what everyone else has to say.

3. never used vinegar,but have been using concentrated lemon juice for the past month or so with no ill effects so far

4. concentrated lemon/lime juice is best... PH down for fishtanks is very very weak, and takes ALOT of drops to bring down PH quickly.

My PH out of the Tap is 7.8, with a 5 litre bottle, it takes 1ml to bring it down to 6.4. (for soil watering)
    and 1.5ml to bring it down to 5.8 (hydroponics)

Use the lemon juice, its nice plus gives the plants a little nutrients of the special sort at the same time. :)

5. what kind of setup are you running? I know you said hydro, but what kind. also how much solution are you running through. (are you feeding through a 20gal res half full)

6. i use Techaflora ph down in my water .. i say about 4 drops change a gallon of water at 8.5 ph to right around 6.5 . it takes a sec or two and some swooshing of the water. its cheap enough too

7. I get mine from the tropical fish place down the road, 81% Phosphoric Acid and is £2.50 for 250ml. Goes a long way and works in seconds.

I guess you get what u pay for.