ph down 1 1/4 cup needed for 25 gallons

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lift28, Mar 31, 2010.

1. I have very hard water, it comes from a limestone aquifer, and is loaded with carbonites.
    To bring the water to a stable 6.8 i have used almost ph down 1 1/4 cup for 25 gallons.
    I used General Hydroponics pH-down (ACID) is formulated using food grade Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid and Ammonium Bisulfate.\t\t\t\t

Will this make the water toxic? is it ok?.

Sorry for the newb question, but i have 6 mothers of some great strains i dont want to hurt- right know they are having a nute lock out from the water i was using(long time grower showed up to check it out), i used distilled water last time

my moms:
    purple cindy
    bubba kush
    ice cream
    choc chunk
    white rhino
    lemon g

i do plan to throw a goldfish in the aeration tank to see if it lives lol
    thanks for your time

2. it could be possible to use 1 1/4 cup for that much water. 25 gallons is a lot of water, and my city tap is over 7 so yeah... make sure you stir it around real good, wait an hour, and then test it again to be positive. and i would pass on the goldfish idea. fun, yeah, but not worth the risk of "dead fish bacteria" messing up the whole main plan. just my opinion, but i wouldnt grow a plant in a fishbowl, and a fish doesnt belong in a plant tank.

3. 2.5 cups of ph down still creeping up -- i think i will buy a ro system, i don't like adding so much.
    although the koi fish i put in their is alive - lol

4. the koi is raising your ph????????

and what nutes are you using??

5. no nutes in the barrel yet - and the koi will not raise the ph - when they shit and the nitrosoms start breaking down the shit they actually lower the ph by using up the carbonates- i had a barrel with the ponds bio filter in it one time while cleaning the pond, it drop the ph

last summer i used the pond water to water the plants but the ph was still to high -- i just want to get it optimum :)
    thanks