PH,bugs OH MY!!HELP ME!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bitterscooter, Apr 20, 2008.

1. What strain? /bag seed!
    How old? / about 8 weeks
    What type of medium? /soil/soilless
    What type of lights? / 100W(real wattage) CFL's(2 blue,1 red)
    How far from the lights? . / 5-6"
    What, how much and when was it fed?/ watering every 3-4 days when needed!
    last watered yesterday water is PH'd at 6.8-7.0
    What is the medium/runoff pH?/did a PH soil test today 7.8 -8.2
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? Humitity is about 40-50% and teps don't ever go over 80F avg is about 75F
    What size pots? 2L pop bottles

anything else needed just ask!

so I noticed bugs in my Veg room then I went on a hunt and found some in flower room, not sure what it is I think its thrips! but not positive , they were clear(ish) walked slow to get away and they were on the soil not the plants! I also have a fungi
    prob on the top layer its a white mold/fungi??

my camera sucks but here's the pics of the leaves! I PH my water to 6.8-7.0 and I still have had PH probs too(I think)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

any and all help would be great! thanks GC crue!!
    BTW I did do search but I don't know if I found the solution or not just want to check to be on the safe side!!

cheers
    SCOOTER

Edit: this plant is in Veg and its my only mother right now! I have a wack of good strains started like(sweet tooth, hash plant , JackH ) so I want to get this undercontrol before they are ready to give clones(they are only a week to 9 days old now! cheers again

2. Thanks for giving all that detail.
    Sounds like your biggest problem is pH. For soil it should be 6.2-6.8. The pH of the water you give it is irrelevant if the soil completely changes the reading. The best is to run a whole bunch of water through the plants and measure the run-off. That should be between 6.2-6.8 as should the soil itself.

P.S. CFL's should be 3 inches away.

3. the run off test gave me a 7.8-8.2 way to high! how do I fix this first!

thanks Vtec! again and again

4. I have a PH meter! and I have the PH +/- liquid
    but what do I need to do to lower the soil PH?? not understanding that part??
    do I need to lower the PH of my water? and run it like I have been doing to test the the soil PH??
    I ran 6L / 1.5gal , the water was a real ugly yellow look??

its great that you give your time for others!!
    cheers

scooter

5. Hey bud yeah say you water your plants with a gallon of water. Put a few drops of the pH liquid in the water you plan to give it and then water the plants. Check the run-off pH from what drains out the bottom of the pots. If it needs more drops to get it lower/higher give it whatever it takes.

6. ON the mission! right now!! I'll give a post after the sun comes back up!!

cheers Vtec!
    Q for ya -V-tec meaning the motor in a Honda??

7. Yup Honda VTEC's, love em.

8. just sold my 88GTi ( was never a honda nut)
    1/4 mile in 13.5 spent 25g's in the car and sold it for 5g's what a deal!!

doing the water run testing
    and wow its going to take a bit to get her back to 6.8

cheers

9. Highly respectable 1/4 mile time you got there. Good luck with the flushing.

10. well after 16L/4gal and 75mins of flushing I have it down to 6.5-6.7
    the first 10L was with a PH of 6.0 then the last 6L was with 6.5 ph
    now how the %&$#@ do I keep it down? do I water with lower ph then I have been running? I thought 6.8 was the # to shoot for when testing your water that fed my plants?
    what can make the PH go so high? is it something in my soil??
    now can I do the same with my flowering girls?? they still have about 4 weeks to go but with the way they are looking they will have shed all the fan leaves in the next 2 weeks?

thanks about my 1/4M time , I also did alot of auto-cross too, the guy that showed me the ropes and the guy I always wanted to beat had a V-tec civic(98ish)
    what kind of fun do you have with your beast??
    now those are days past!! now I take old vintage scooters and tune them up to do 75mph, my rule is :its not fun to make a fast bike(car,truck.......) go slow but its real fun to make a slow bike(car,truck....) go fast, I ride my scoot like a stole it everyday
    at the moment I building a motor that can do about 80-85mph and this is on 10" tires
    to boot!! haha and sport bike guys think they are crazy!! they have a few things to learn!!

cheers
    Scooter

11. OK after 24hrs my plant is looking real good !! yellowing of the leaves has stoped
    and its looking perky again! I see a bit of new growth too!!

I also have seen those buggs again!
    the first ones were- white,very small, they could hide rather quickly, when I took it out of the dirt and placed it on a peice of paper it wiggeld around like fish out of water!
    it just kept on squirming around! ????
    second - was clear and had a blackish head ran like a bat out of hell and was hard to keep track of! ????
    third was blackish ? could not get a good look at it !! I had placed some soil on the paper and I had 3 of the suckers and they were hoping like a flea ???

what are they ! I was thinking they were thrips?? but not sure !! seeing its my first bug prob! I looked at pics off the net! and I'm still unsure??

cheers
    Scooter

12. #13 SmknVTEC, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
    Hey bud what kind of soil-less mix is it?
    If you have bugs get neem oil; it kills thrips, spider mites, fungus gnats, everything.

I was at the import car show today. It was really cool. I saw 3 Nissan Skyline GT's, the ones from a few years ago.

13. #14 bitterscooter, Apr 21, 2008

I have the smart brand leaf spray!! but as I already know (after SEARCHING) this pre mix spray is not strong enough! I'll have to call the hydro shop to see if they have it in stock! but I'll keep spraying this stuff until I get what I need!(every4-5 days spray)

Soil is walmart potting soil(no fert additives) ,perlite,vermiculite,peat,compost potting soil mix and for my clones that are going into flower I use a bit of bat crap! had no probs with this mix for the past 8mths
    but then again its been real hot here lately and I think its been the weather that played a roll in it!
    druing the winter it was real cold here and I don't use any kind of heat in the room they grow in!at night in my grow box it would get to 63-66F and only up to 78F druing the day!but that was with 4ft of snow out side, also I would let my bags of soil sit in the cold for a week before I brought it in???? they were frozen solid!
    might it be my mix??

I like the skylines! were they not only made for the jap market and people had to ship them in or were they sold in the US ,I think you can't get them here!(GWN) only the after market kits that makes a look-alike skyline ??
    a TURBO!! nice!! I always wanted to put one in ! but after changing the pistons and rings to handle the heat and buying the turbo , the cost was out of my rang at the time!
    you'll be able to do 12's -local kid spent 60gs in his civic and v-tec it could do mid 11's but not with him at the wheel , it was only when someone else drove it !!
    I also like the Acrua's , one time while driving my GTi home from work on a HY I was doing 240km/150mph I had a guy in a acrua pass me with some speed I think he might have been doing about 160mph I then backed off and turned onto a side road and did the speed limit the rest of the way home!!
    I'll let ya know how things turn out! (asap)

cheers and thanks again!!
    Scooter

14. #15 SmknVTEC, Apr 22, 2008
    Hey by definition compost would certainly be food and tons of it.

15. #16 bitterscooter, Apr 22, 2008
    should I ditch the compost then??
    and can I do the same flushing to my flowering plants to balance the PH ??

ya its was a younger kid, mommy's and daddy's money for sure!

cheers
    Scooter

16. Certainly ditch the compost for seedlings.

Yes you can flush flowering plants to balance pH. Just make sure they are dried out adequately before flushing any plant.

17. thanks will do!
    still waiting to get the proper neem oil! closest store that has it is 1 1/2hr drive!
    have to wait til the weekend!
    cheers
    Scooter