PH Balanced Humidity???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Item9, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ok so recently I purchased a dehumidifier that is supposed to be good for up to 2000 square feet and it has a 30 pint reservoir which when set on high fan speed will fill this reservoir in less than 12 hours each time (i live in the southern US so humidity like this is normal to me) and it is placed in a locked room outside of my grow closet....
    Last night I made a comment to a friend of mine saying "wouldn't it be awesome if the 30 pints of water i dump out every 12 hours had a perfectly balanced ph?" well 5 minutes later I tested the water and bam.... 6.5ph.
    So here is my question.... would it be ok to use this with my soil grown plants? i see nothing wrong with it since it pulls the moisture out of the air in my home and only passes through a plastic mesh washable filter on the unit itself..
    Thanks for the replies in advance!

2. oh one more thing, was able to find a little bit of info on this question and they mentioned that the EC may be a little low and also that certain things may need to be added back into the water since it lost a lot of minerals and stuff during evaporation..... it seems as though it would be best for diluting other water sources since the dehumidifier water is so soft compared to tap water.... what does everybody think?

3. Just use the water. I don't know what EC matters, considering that some people use distilled water. You don't need minerals and stuff in the water, I'd think you'd actually want less.

I'd use it, it's just water, and it happens to be close to the right ph.