ph at 7 \\//\\//HOA!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Captinbuds, Oct 3, 2011.

1. run off ph on flood and drain at 7 best way to get it down to 5.8? molasses? will it hurt if i just put like 20 gal of 5.8 water in there? would that fix the problem? or do i need a leaching solution? week two into flowering and signs of burn and yellowing. been using light nutes GH and rockwool cubes on rockwool slabs.. looks kinda salty on top of blocks too.? should i water blocks then slabs to fix or whats up any opinions?

2. 5.8 is for Hydro, if you got soil you wanna be round 6.8 Sounds to me like your right about right...

3. im hydro flood and drain with rockwool cubes and slabs. how to get it to drop?

4. Ah, not sure about the flood and drain method

5. cant you just use Ph down in your res. or is it going in 5.8 and coming out 7?

6. going in 5.8 coming out runoff is 7

7. I think I would do a clean flush H2O then when it's time for the first Nute come in at a half strenght, I just did it in soil and went with mild growth GH instead of transition growth according to there feed chard.

8. k i keep flushing with a 5.8 ph now ran about 25 gal through still only down to 6.2 keep flushing?

9. taking the reading after (the run off) is the best way to read the the Ph in your medium, water, nute..maybe lower the Ph 5.6 going in and then see what it is coming out, other than that which is only a guess at this point, best of luck dude..

10. so would you say its safe to lower ph to like 5.3. been dropping gallon after gallon of 5.6 and still coming out 6.1

11. :wave:so throu manipulation and dropping ph down to 5.3 i finally got the run off at 5.9 and im callin it good looked like they were getting lock out or hungry started yellowing so i foil fed them :D leaving the rockwool slabs can cubes to dry up a bit.. ran about 35 gals through trying to adjust ph fianlly got a good flush going to add nutes again next root feeding ie when the slabs dry up a bit.:hello: any feed back sound ok with everyone?

12. I think so, but I would give a strength on the nutes for that first feeding, glad to see it's working out'