PH and PPM...whats it all about..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yoda, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Also gotta water and feed these girls [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  2. Those are looking mighty fine.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

3. You've got your hands full but that's how we want them! Nice set up

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

4. Good info! Thanks

5. Amazon n wish have digital ones for under 10$

6. Hey there dudes I bought a ten dollar PH meter from amazon it tests liquids but is there any way I can test my soil?

Testing run off water isnt an option as I plant in the yard

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

7. haha....go ........your my new friend....tell it to them friend.......

8. Can we bookmark a thread ?

9. Nvm Lol. I found what I was looking for

10. No.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

11. Yes i figured that by now. PH sticks that need to be calibrated fucking suck

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

12. Thanks for the info! I have questions specific to my grow. I have done a good bit of reading about caring for cannabis, and I seem to be missing something. I'm on my 2nd grow, it is going well. The first one turned out to be male but the grow itself was successful. Now I have a blue dream plant, 2mo veg, just turned to flower. In coco and perlite. It shows signs of nute burn, as did my first grow. Only on lower leaves, one leaf can be brown and crunchy and a 2nd leaf on the same node is green and healthy. Some start from the tips, some start with spots in the middle. I'm feeding it roughly 5-600 ppm of ph perfect, advanced nutes. Before I switched to this food, I used general hydro trio + cal mag. And ph down... The ph perfect trio is ph perfect, (I checked) and has cal & mag in it already so I've dropped that. From what I understand this is low for the size plant I have. I've recently upped it from 400 ppm I used through the 2nd half of veg. It used to take 2 days to dry out and need water, now it's dry in 24hrs. From what I can tell I under feed them and still get the burn. It is very minor damage, in general the plant is healthy. But for 2 grows now I'm watching my leaves go bad regularly, within 12hrs of feeding there are new victims clearly visible when they were fine before.
    My thoughts & specific questions;
    Is the light too far away? Not getting enough energy to handle the amount of nutes I feed it?
    Am I not ment to feed every water? Its in coco, maybe it holds enough I should give it fresh water Every other day? Could I be overfeeding it that bad if I'm not properly measuring it as you were saying about some salts not showing up right? I use a digital tds meter and start with store bought RO water..it maybe distilled.. but it shows 0-4ppm when I start, and 550-600 when I'm done.
    Do 1-3 leaves go bad naturally on a daily basis? Maybe I'm over thinking it, the plant looks fine otherwise.

Being my 2nd grow I'm sure I've Not done everything exactly right.. I notice other grows are physically bigger than mine after similar time frames. I think this nutrient thing is what's slowing my grow. Occasionally I'll get it right and I'll see huge growth over a day or 2, then less growth over the following week. My 2 Month veg, in 5gal coco, under a 900w led and under a scrog, has a 1.5 Sq ft canopy.I just watched a video where a 2 mo scrog veg of the same strain as mine, filled a 4x4 tent.. I learned a lot but lack experience to know if that's even real, or what advise is good advise..ect, any advise or general reading would be appreciated thank you!

13. Most plants in general will use a leaf to discard unwanted nutes or toxins from their system. If you had a bad nute problem the whole plant would be suffering. Not just one leaf. However, there must be something in the nutes or water you're using to cause your plant to do that. I use organic plant food for my ladies and that way I never have to worry about pH. I wouldnt feed every time you water. Depending on the nutes you bought some come with a feeding schedule. If not there are tons online you can try.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Helped me heeps... I always PhD never understood the ppm meter on my test till now.. thanks! Awesome website here

15. #276 Gr33nReaper, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Hey gang! Headies just wanted to let you know that if your not using fully organic notes then give em just half doses one feeding one water, make sure you test the ph and ppm after putting the notes let it sit a minute or 2 then retest before feeding your crop as you see ppm balancing out up the notes to 3/4 then go full never put extra it never helps the plant it only stresses it or burns...or possibly worst

16. Best thing to do HEADIES is flush the plant till your back to square 1...use regular tap water and ph your water to 6.2-6.3 check the runoff tiles you back to basics then start administering your notes in small doses...should do the trick...or possibly led light to close depending on the light you have if everything else is perfect also do spray leaves with notes or water just to stay on the safe side!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Finally someone that understands “ppm” is only a measurement. Thank you for spreading good information

18. Wish I had found this when I first started growing, but thankfully I found organic soil growing without bottles nutes so don’t have to worry about PH or PPM. That’s always been the biggest turnoff for non organic, mixing 10-20 bottles every feeding, having to constantly flush the medium, etc.