Ph and nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by billgee, Apr 9, 2011.

1. My baby plants were germinated nearly a week ago and spent 4 days in a peat plug in a dome. Too big for the dome, they are newly planted in their soft sided 2 & 3 gallon Grow pots, where they will stay. I received a Rapidtest mini 4-1 tester from Amazon. It says the fertility is down. It also holds fast to the Ph being 7. So I need a slight adjustment in Ph and a definite increase in Nutes.

How do I adjust this?
    The baby plants are fine in their plugs which are pure peat. But will search the soil soon.
    The Ph is only .5 above the recommended 6.5 and liquid testing confirms it but I have Ph up and Ph down and they are really powerful. The slightest amount can turn my 2 gallon bucket a brilliant testing red.

I think bottom watering is best but how do I do it. Should I try watering from the top? The young plants in the ph 7 at the top and will not feel the affects of the ph down and the nutes for quite some time if ever.

2. Little bit confusing.

First of all, if they germinated a week ago, they don't need any nutes yet, that's for sure. So hold off on that. For right now just give them pH'd plain water. Get that pH right around 6.5 and water them with that. I always just top-water so I don't know about the whole bottom watering thing. The pH will slowly adjust on its own, you don't want to do it too quickly.

For future reference, pics always help someone help you.

3. Little bit confusing.

First of all, if they germinated a week ago, they don't need any nutes yet, that's for sure. So hold off on that. For right now just give them pH'd plain water. Get that pH right around 6.5 and water them with that. I always just top-water so I don't know about the whole bottom watering thing. The pH will slowly adjust on its own, you don't want to do it too quickly.

For future reference, pics always help someone help you.

Sorry for the confusion. I tried to make it clear.
    Thanks for the help.:D
    I use tap,too.
    I thought it was necessary to feed them at the bottom so the stalk isnt burned. I'll pour it on top.
    Id take pix but at 10 days or so and there are only four leaves.

4. It takes 'em a bit of time to take off, they'll grow really slowly while that root system develops, but once it does you can expect 1-2 inches of growth per day.

5. #5 billgee, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
    Thanks, High on the hill.
    :hello: