PH and Fish Emulsion Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by casoles22, Mar 7, 2008.

1. So i just got my General Hydroponics Test kit along with my Fox Farm Bloom Big (they sent me 2 when i only ordered one!!) I just tested my tap water for the first time and it comes in at about 8, which is really high. I used the PH down to get it to 6.5, but i'm not sure what to do when i mix the fish emulsion in. I've heard that fish emulsion is very acidic, could the half strength dose (4tsp per gallon) be lowing my PH enough? The plants look healthy so far. I'm not sure if i will be able to even test the PH once the fish emulsion is mixed in. It makes the water brown and the test kit i have requires that you fill the vile half way then a couple drops from the indicator bottle. Should i just keep winging it with the fish emulsion?

2. The fish emultion is vey acidic and will bring your ph down, the idea is to mix your nutes first then adjust ph, I'm not really sure what to tell you other then you will need some other ph tester.

3. getting a digital PH tester isn't an option right now, which is why i got the cheap tester. I am definitely going to get one for my next grow though. I am going to water tomorrow and i'll see if i can get a reading with my vial. If not, then i'm just going to keep going with the half strength dose since my plants are showing no signs of of PH problems so far.

4. fish emulision is very acidic, but when added to tap water that is alkaline, it comes out to in the 6's.