PH and Fertilizers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Superjoint, Mar 3, 2001.

1. PH can make or break your nutrient solution. 6.7-6.2 is best to ensure there is no nutrient
    lock-up occurring. Hydroponics requires the solution to be PH corrected for the medium
    before exposing to the plants. Phosphoresic acid can make the PH go down; lime or
    potash can take it up when it gets too acid. Buy a PH meter for $10 and use it in soil,
    water, and hydroponic medium to make sure your not going alkaline or acid over time.
    Most neutral mediums can use a little vinegar to make them just this side of 7 ph to 6.5 or
    so.
    Most fertilizers cause a ph change in the soil. Adding fertilizer to the soil almost always
    results in a more acidic ph.
    As time goes on, the amount of salts produced by the breakdown of fertilizers in the soil
    causes the soil to become increasingly acidic and eventually the concentration of these
    salts in the soil will stunt the plant and cause browning out of the foliage. Also, as the
    plant gets older its roots become less effective in bringing food to the leaves. To avoid the
    accumulation of these salts in your soil and to ensure that your plant is getting all of the
    food it needs you can begin leaf feeding your plant at the age of about 1.5 months.
    Dissolve the fertilizer in worm water and spray the mixture directly onto the foliage. The
    leaves absorb the fertilizer into their veins. If you want to continue to put fertilizer into the
    soil as well as leaf feeding, be sure not to overdose your plants.

2. PH ,moist, light all in 1 meter..never had much use for the light part of it..I metor that..LOLHere is a pic of one..It has 2 rods on the bottom of it..1 silver an 1 is copper.. :D :D [​IMG] Stay cool..

3. Nice. I’m hydro at the moment. But I can’t necessarily get ph stuff where I am. I can use vinegar raise the ph of a solution? And what would I use to lower it?

4. Vinegar is used to lower ph.
    You can look for PH down and PH up solution at aquarium stores or pool clean supply stores.

5. Thanks so much dude. But to correct it NOW, how much vinegar per gal would I use? The ph of my solution right now is at 8....

6. That’s the problem with using vinegar. Concentrations vary and in general vinegar is a weak acid. However if that is all you have then that’s what you use. Basically you add vinegar mix solution VERY well and test ph. If the PH is good your done. In most cases you will need to add more. Just make sure u mix well before testing.

try 15mL per gallon of your res as a starting point and see how much that decreases your ph. Then adjust accordingly

7. Thanks so much for the help dude! I really needed it

8. B
    bedt I could do was lemon juice on a shirt notice. It’s a natural acid, would it work?

9. Yes but you might need a lot of lemon juice. Also you gonna be putting in a good deal of sugars which can promote bad bacteria growth