pH 6.0, seed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by monmon030791, Jul 4, 2009.

1. #1 monmon030791, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    Can I water my soil with my germinated seeds in it right away with a pH of 6.0 for the root growth?

2. not ideal. get the pH a little higher, around 6.5 or 6.8. if you don't have any way of adjusting the pH, buy some distilled water from your local grocery store (it costs about 80cents per gallon) and use that...this is what i do when i germinate seeds.

remember that pH is a logarithmic scale, which means a pH of 6 is 10x's more acidic than a pH of 7. this is why you should be hesitant to use pH 6 water for a seedling...it doesn't take much to hurt those little guys when they are so young.

3. Let me ask the question again it might be clearer this time, my bad.

I'm planting my seed directly in FoxFarm Light Warrior soil in those red cup, than transfering to a 2 gallon container with FoxFarm Ocean Forest. Since my seeds are germinating I'm going to presoak my soil so once I see their tap root I will transplant it. Now I have my soil in my in my cups and I'm ready to presoak. What ph should I use? The plant I'm growing is Fucking Incredible from VISC. They say she likes a pH of 6.6 - 6.8, but I'm guessing thats later when she gets a couple weeks under her belt. So can I use 6.0 so I can get my roots to grow first cause a pH 6.0 is for making your roots grow faster. What do you guys recommend?