Pets

Discussion in 'Pets' started by GrandpalovesGB, Dec 27, 2008.

1. My roomate has 2 cats, one of which likes to sneak into my room when I leave the door open to get a drink or something.

Recently, I moved my set up towards the ground, and the cat got in and chewed away a lot of the leaves on my best plant.
    I already sprinkled cayenne pepper around my door and the pots to keep away the kitty, and gave her a got tap on the back for doing it, but that isn't the problem.

Is there a way I can help the plant recover quickly, and make up for the lost flesh?
    I can only assume nutrients, but my last run in with nutrient burn tells me to be wary.

2. Trim away any leaves that are signifigantly damaged.

3. exactly, judt trim the damaged foliage and let the plant recover on its own. Are you feeding on any type of schedule or what? You may want to give it a lil dose id its been a while since last feeding. I think its time to de-tooth the kitty haha. ;)

4. Some Superthrive might help. Mix about 1/4 tsp per gallon next time feed or water. You should be able to find it at any garden center.

5. isn't a quarter teaspoon per gallon way too much? I thought the stuff was known for being a drop per gallon? I have some but don't use it much so I am not sure on this.

6. One plant has so much damage that trimming away the gnarled leaves will leave it with nothing.

It has had a few tiny sprouts from the nodes, so once those leaves come to size, it should be okay. the rest are coming back, and unfortunately, the skunk cross breed turned out to be a male. :(