Pets?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by binonexus, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DO NOT blow it in his ears. THIS CAN CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE EAR CANAL AND THE EAR DRUM!!! If anything, cup your hands around his snout real snug and \"shotgun\" the hit into his lungs. use your hands as a transfer tube. IMO this is a cruel practice. ie cats have catnip to get them high. animals will find their own natural highs.

2. He doesn\'t sniff it up because he likes it; a dog learns with his nose, and their noses are extremely sensitive. He is instinctively investigating, that is all. He doesn\'t like it. And he won\'t like being stoned, it will confuse him.

Still doesn\'t detract from thr fact that he has no choice in the matter, and therefore this is highlt immoral and very cruel. You could be giving your dog cancer. Is that what you want?

I\'m astounded and saddened at all of you that do this, and hope that this is just another peurile little habit you will grow out of, before all your poor opets die of passive smoking.....

3. I have a shit load of pets and from my experience some do and some don\'t. My dogs hate it, my cats are in your face when puffing is going on. I think my horse likes it, I just got him and only puffed around him a few times but he was pretty much in my face investigating what his mama was doing. I never blow smoke directly at them but hey if they choose to hang out in the cloud of smoke. To each it\'s own.:smoking:

4. Like I said, they don\'t \'hang out in a clouyd of smoke\' because they enjoy being stoned. They do it because it\'s there, and because they are curious. They have no clue, and no say in the effect it may have on them.

It\'s not about each to his own. I can\'t believe you are so blinkered about this.

5. First off it\'s not Le Grenouille it\'s La Grenouille. My dogs run from smoke my cats stay, they don\'t talk but it\'s obvious the dogs hate it. Don\'t call me blinkered, name calling I gave up in grade school.:rolleyes:

6. Don\'t lecture me on French, child; it\'s la or le, dependant on where and when it is used.

And you mean to tell me you aren\'t still in grade school? With an attitude like yours on this issue, you could have fooled me.....

Let me ask you this; if it was a child, and not a dog or cat, would you be doing the same, have the same attitude? My guess is no. So why do it with an animal? What is the difference?

7. Quand je parle francais j\'utilise La Grenouille jamais LE Grenouille. Je pense que tu as besoin de fumer. Tu es pas de bonne humeur. En tous cas j\'ai fini de parler avec un enfant comme toi.

8. Ok, this looks like it\'s going downhill fast. There\'s no need to resort to insults such as \"child\", ok? I don\'t want to have to close this thread or send out warnings.

9. Amen. Rep +

Edit--- Like Hempress said, let\'s watch the namecalling....regardless of what language we\'re using!! Remember this thread is about smoking with pets....not french grammar.

10. Illustrates my point beautifully.....According to you, I am humourless because I think willfully poisoning animals is wrong. Yeah, alrighty then.

It was not me that instigated the name-calling, you will notice, nor the petty sarcasm that followed it; I\'m bigger than that.

I have said my piece anyway, and the majority agree with me; the fact the thread has degenerated into this kind of makes my point for me, I feel. \'Nuff said, as far as I\'m concerned. My work here is done.....

11. I thought this would be dropped by now, I never blew smoke in an animals face and I have no intentions to but I\'ve witnessed some stray cats around here that come running to my woodshed when we burn some. My own cats don\'t come near probably cause they don\'t know about it, they are inside most of the time. No smoking inside unless by the fireplace with a toasty fire burning and there isn\'t much second smoke to be had. After my first rant with you I rolled one and went to talk to Mr.Ed and see what he thought of the whole situation. This is what he thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don\'t post on here much but do alot of lurking and shit like this make me want to just read and not post a darn thing. I love this forum it rocks! *******

12. i would never blow smoke in an animals direction

13. I love ur dog man, it looks so chillin, I tried to post mine but it wouldnt let me postem cause i had to makem smaller and it still wasnt enough untill they were to small, but i got a beagle, 2 leopard geckoes, and a new english bulldog pup which is a chick magnet:cool:

14. Imagine you had a baby, would you blow smoke in it\'s face?
    Exactly. It\'s just that pets can\'t say they don\'t or do like it, and they don\'t know why it\'s happening. How would you feel if you were walking along, a haze of smoke passed over you and you felt like you were going to be sick?

15. A little over reactive to the situation....

Just let your animals sit in the room with you and the door open- if they don\'t like it they will leave.

Le Grenouille are you dr.doolittle? Do you talk to the animals and they tell you they don\'t like it?

I mean if they have a choice to leave they will- yes they will be curious about the smell but again if they don\'t like it they will leave- after they get a sniff

Animals are not stupid.

So smoke up your pets (not caged animals) just give them the option to leave.

(and by the way the toxicology reports I have read about THC and animals say that the toxic levels are reached if animals injest marijuana- and it\'s lethal limit very hard to achive)

AND if you think animals do not like it

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/10/001017073204.htm

And there is an animal medicine that contains a THC derived ingredient that is being studied- I think the Vetrinarians know animals better than anyone on this forum

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060521103039.htm

16. No, Sweets, I\'m a sensible woman that loves her animals too much to subject them to carcinogens......

17. Lol after I come into my room after a session to chill out, and my cat comes to join me, I\'ll give her a spot of catnip right on the carpet. She\'ll do her business, sniff at it and roll around in it, until its all over her fur and face. She gets messed up, and loves it. No need to blow smoke in her face.

And with my dog, I\'m led to believe that giving him a good belly-rub can come somewhere near a \"high.\" And although me and my brother let my dog out with us when we have session on the deck, he chooses to ignore the session and go take poo, or chase lightning bugs, or whatever he does that entertains him. Although he does like to lick the bong-water out of the grass when we pour it out......

18. Yea just a bit sensible, do you realize how many of our everyday products produce cancer causing agents. To see the research to prove this is just another animal tested in a lab. I would rather ride me horse into town smoking a joint then jump in my cancer causing car. To each it\'s own!:p

19. Oh my...

I\'m closing this thread for a few reasons. One is for the direction it went in. Another is because we\'re deciding which threads float and which don\'t when it comes to this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.