Pets and Cannabis... Whats up with that?

Discussion in 'General' started by Velle, Feb 17, 2013.

1. I was prescribed medical marijuana and for some reason whenever Im smoking my dog (she's blind) always finds me. Then she starts jumping on me and acting weird. I always feel like she's trying to tell me something--though that's probably the weed talking lol. My friend mentioned that his chinchilla goes crazy when he's smoking and starts climbing on his shoulders and head.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, is there a reason? Share some stories!

2. Nah, my dog always left the room if I started smoking. Then I'd just chase her down and play with her once I was sufficiently baked :smoking:

3. #3 Fixxer, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Some animals love it some hate it. Just picture how we smell a nice tasty dank nug, they obviously have smells they like too. I bet they get a nice feeling with the contact high as well if they hang around while you are toking indoors, their brains probably have similar receptors to ours.

4. I get stoned with my tiger all the time.

5. Whenever I smoke in my room, my fat ass black cat jumps on my bed and chills on my chest and you can see her sticking her nose in the air and sniffing, I'm pretty sure she gets a contact high because after a little bit she'll let you roll her on her back and move her into whatever position you want just like a rag doll but she'll be purring loud as fuck lol

6. Before it even starts, people should be aware that you can't talk about getting pets high here. Just figured I'd mention that preemptively so this thread doesn't get closed. :p

I think a lot of pets really like the smell of weed, though. I don't get my cat high but sometimes I'll hold a stem out for her and she'll sniff it and then rub her face all over it. She does the same thing with my basil plant. I left her on the porch unsupervised one time and she ate all of my fucking basil. :rolleyes:

7. Lol that's funny. And thanks for the heads up