Petition to Remove Marijuana from the Schedule 1 list of drugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by s00thsayer, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Remove Marijuana from the Schedule 1 list of drugs in the Controlled Substances Act
    http://wh.gov/4sn

////////////////////////////////////////

Please sign this petition. The white house will officially respond to any petition that gets 5,000 signatures within 30 days of creation. When creating an account on the petition site, use accurate info. Only your first name and the first initial of your last name will visible on the "signature" of petitions. For privacy reasons, you can prevent your city and state from being visible on the signature by removing the city, state, and zip entries in your profile after your account has been created. (to change your profile info go to https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/user and click on the "personal information" tab)

////////////////////////////////////////

we petition the obama administration to:
    Remove Marijuana from the Schedule 1 list of drugs in the Controlled Substances Act

Marijuana is currently classified as a Schedule 1 drug in the Controlled Substances Act, a category reserved for drugs which have "no currently accepted medical use". Marijuana has known medical uses and therefore should not be classified as a Schedule 1 substance. The federal government should "accept" marijuana's known medical uses and remove it from the Schedule 1 list of drugs.

2. marijuana should not be in schedule 1 and i would like to hear Obama explain why it's still there...

the petition started yesterday...150 sigs and it will show up in the we the people petition search...got to start somewhere.

Remove Marijuana from the Schedule 1 list of drugs in the Controlled Substances Act
    https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...list-drugs-controlled-substances-act/D2J2ZdX4

please take a moment to sign it. thanks.

3. #3 oltex, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
    signed and posted at other activist sites,,signatures should start adding up as more come online and see it,,,,

We want complete legalization,,but we must take this opportunity to move forward on any front we can,,while we can.

Hit them high,,,hit them low,,,make them wince with every blow!

4. I would love it if I had the power to FORCE Obama to explain why Cannabis is schedule 1. I'd love to see him squirm like worm trying to think of some bs excuse and then give up and say something like 'well uh...I really don't know'.

5. He can't explain it. Just take a look at his last response.

It was just a bunch of nonsense.

He'll just ignore it again but its still good to show how worthless he and our drug policy is.

6. #6 oltex, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    It has over 350 sigs now and is on the list when you go to the petition site,,,this petition is to corner the Prez,,when he has time to prepare a statement about the use of cannabis as a medicine when he has plenty of time to prepare an answer,,,not surprised at a townhall meeting by the question.

We really don't expect our number one petition to get anything more than a promise to debate the issue,,without it ever happening.

But this issue,,removing cannabis from schedule 1 and to any other schedule removes control of the studies allowed on marijuana from the DEA and NIDA,also removing their monopoly on producing the marijuana used in the testing.

That means being able to test some of our medical marijuana strains for their efficacy
    as a medicine,,opposed to using the governments 3>4% thc marijuana for the testing.

I believe the resulting statistics from using the better cannabis to test with will be even more amazing than the evidence already before them,,evidence that has already been used by two federal judges that ruled marijuana is a medicine and the DEA refused to comply with their rulings..

7. signed everyone keep at it.

8. i signed it and several others today. that site has been busy since the first day it opened up!

9. cool...2800 now