Petition to Free Marc Emery

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by karmaxul, Oct 6, 2012.

• Like Like x 1
  1. I did 3.5 years for growing. Its not that fun. Is it that hard to sign a petition? Can you at least try?

2. I hope you guys sign a petition for my ass if I need it too.

3. He deserves to be free.

4. signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. #8 Anonimo, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0jAb4mj1I&feature=related]THE BEST MARIJUANA SPEECH EVER! (MARC EMERY) - YouTube[/ame]

Marc doesn't deserve a minute in prison

6. I'm curious, do signing petitions ever work?

7. #10 Anonimo, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
    Signed

Well if you think it's not enough we can go and take it to the streets but for now just sign

Multiply your impact
    Turn your signature into dozens more by sharing this petition and recruiting people you know to sign.

8. He’s already been sentenced, and I believe they tried appealing it and failed. I can tell you right now some random internet petition isn’t going to do crap. There not even going to look at it even if you get 100,000 sigs. It will go right in the garbage as soon as it’s handed in.

9. Any suggestions? Marc says if we want to pay him back we need to fuck shit up in a non violent manner. This is why I'm a misonthrope, no one gives a shit about anything that matters, not enough to do anything aways.

10. No, but that’s just it, nothing we can do with change the outcome of his internment. The window for that passed a long time ago. At first arrest, at his hearing, at his sentencing and prison transfer, and at every step his appeal was denied.

Like it or not it’s time to accept that he’s just going to have to serve out the remainder of his time, no amount of internet petitioning will change that. His only option for getting out early is for good behavior which I doubt will be given. His arrest and sentencing was a political move, to make an example of him so I’m pretty sure the US and the D. Ray James Correctional Facility won’t give him any concessions. They’re not going to say oops we were wrong here you get out 5 years early.

11. #14 Anonimo, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    Thank god not everyone thinks like you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0cq3UvLaM"]Word of the Day: Herd Mentality - YouTube[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHwq5KqmY4g&list=UU8cHeUBon3q-ceh5NvYslgg&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

12. Lol, ya it would totally be better if everyone was delusional and believe an online petition from a bunch of angry internet stoners could do what years of multiple lawyers, court appeals, letters, phone calls, money bombs, documenters, late night talk shows, weekly podcasts, news articles, International protests and rallies, and event appearances couldn’t do. Ya it’s an internet petition that’s going to be the thing to do it.

Tell me when was the last time a marijuana petition changed anything of significant? What about the presidential one? The one that got over 700,000 sigs, took up all the results for the first 3 pages of the web site and still got completely blown off without a second thought?

The government has their position and they’re not going to move or acknowledge anything different for a few random sigs, the only thing that’s going to get them to move is if there reelection or lobby money depended on there signing of something. The same reason weed hasn’t been made legal threw a congressional vote yet.

The only thing he can do to get out early is to get a pardon from republican governor Nathan Deal, and I can tell you now he isn’t going to get anywhere near this issue.

Its one thing to be optimistic but you also have to be realistic, other whys you’re just being delusional.

13. I'm not saying we will get our intended results. bUt at least I want to try.

You seem to want to spread around the idea that trying is futile and we should carry on living in the land of freedom. A sort of why bother attitude, It's this kind of apathy that makes me be ashamed of the human race.

Only people like Emery keep from straying, knowing that there are still selfless people out there doing everything they can imagine to help fix the problem or at least get in the way rather than staying by the sidelines while waiting for everyone willing to stand up for you to die, like some coward or shill.

I do everything within my power, I try to educate people on important issues every day.
    I know I'm fighting an up hill battle and we are out gunned but I don't give a shit.

It's just like Marc said, he know's you aren't going to do shit for him, yet he fights anyways.

I still don't see any suggestion just someone dropping turds in my drink