Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Petition for Seed Bank in Maine

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by recentmmj, Nov 16, 2011.

1. As a recent MMJ patient, I am either allowed to grow, or have someone grow medicine for me, but there is no provision in Maine for legally buying seeds or clones. 6,000 signatures are needed to get this item on the ballot for a vote in Maine State Legislature. Could you please click the link & sign petition?
    Thank you so much! :D
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/creation-of-a-maine-state-seed-bank/

2. Michigan has the same problem. No provision for "initial acquisition" of genetic material.

3. Do I need to be a resident of Maine?

4. I was told this morning that you don't have to be a Maine resident. They are getting signatures from out of the country too.
    Thanks for signing.
    Peace!
    RK

5. [quote name='"recentmmj"']
    I was told this morning that you don't have to be a Maine resident. They are getting signatures from out of the country too.
    Thanks for signing.
    Peace!
    RK[/quote]

Double check that man. I don't think Maine is putting something on their ballot because 6000 people in japan sign a petition.

6. LOL sorry man, its really a case of you can get it or you cant, i can quaruntee (fuck spelling) that a internet petition to allow people to access seeds and clones is going to be taken seriously by any officials. even more if it doesnt have to be signed from people in the state. save youreself the effort, find grower, ask for a clone, start from there.

7. It's a nice thought but the feds don't seem to care about state laws anymore

8. I was told that since it is an online petition that it can't controlled who signs it, so all are welcome. I guess this is fairly new, these online petitions. I sure didn't think you'd be able to sign not in Maine. We'll see...

9. If every single person in Maine signs that it won't do anything. It's not an official government thing. Start a petition drive here, it will be just as effective.

10. It doesn't have to be a government official petition. Petitions are mainly to see how much public support they have for an issue. Sure, the state reps can ignore it but that isn't democracy. They are in office for the people and people tend to forget this. One thing you have to remember also is who is Governor of Maine. He probably won't support anything cannabis. Contact Diane Russell as she may be able to help guide you on what to do. She is for legalization.

Maine House of Representatives: Diane Russell

11. [quote name='"wanderingway"']

It doesn't have to be a government official petition. Petitions are mainly to see how much public support they have for an issue. Sure, the state reps can ignore it but that isn't democracy. They are in office for the people and people tend to forget this. One thing you have to remember also is who is Governor of Maine. He probably won't support anything cannabis. Contact Diane Russell as she may be able to help guide you on what to do. She is for legalization.

Maine House of Representatives: Diane Russell[/quote]

OP says 6000 sigs it goes on the ballot. Simply pointing out that is not correct. He made it sound like they are collecting signatures to put a seed bank question on the ballot. This is not the case, at least with this petition.

12. Yeah he was wrong to think that. This is from the petition