Petition for mandatory research on med. marijuana by FDA

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by MsSensimillia, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Hi guys,
    Please sign the petition. If the FDA was forced to study medical marijuana, the information that they would gather from those studies would basically debunk every reason that government now uses as a reason to classify marijuana as a drug

Medical Marijuana Research by FDA | Petition2Congress |

Thanks

2. signed as well... everything helps:smoking:

3. Signed as well. Let's hope this actually has an effect.

4. Yeah I honestly doubt one of these petitions will ever do a thing, but it's how many petitions are sent that really count. It must get tedious for at least someone in DC. :D

5. Even if it takes a million petitions to get something done, what matters is that every one we sign is getting us closer.

Thanks for helping everyone! I'll post any new ones that I see. Please re-post it for other people to sign

6. Signed.

7. Signed.
    But....the problem.
    I am a research scientist and have in the past organized and conducted several drug studies for the FDA and NIDA. They are in the habit of designing studies in a biased fasion such that the results are directed to the conclusions that they want. For instance, for study of cannabis links to cancer, they would do things such as only fund a study in which the protocol accepts olny participants that have a familial history of certain types of cancer. The FDA is also very keen on pushing synthetic THC with more pharmaceutical modes of dilvery, i.e. inhalers pills and patches, which are known to be less effective medically but can not be produced in someones closet or backyard thus not representing a threat to the commercial drug industry that they are so closely tied to. If really un-subjective and non baised data is to be generated these studies must be undertaken by independent organizations that are not beholden to the pharmo-industrial cartels.....good luck with that!

8. Signed, the times are chaning xD

9. #11 Green Wizard, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009

Is M.I.T considered an independent organization? check this link: American Civil Liberties Union :

I didn't sign the petition. there are too many petitions flying around the internet. Whose generating them and what do they do with your sig and info? My advice, use caution with petitions. Stick to the well known organizations for petition signing i.e. norml, mpp, aclu, americans for safe access

Here is basically the same petition from the ACLU, a way better bet.https://secure.aclu.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&id=463&page=UserAction&JServSessionIdr001=279c2kdc6a.app17a

10. signed twice on accident
    :hello:

11. I fully expect that any organization that has ties with the government is biased and operates on those biases.
    In your opinion, what would be a good way to get the FDA to research in non-biased ways? I would say another petition, but there are already so many of those going around. I sign all of them, never fully expecting them to get anything done, but I'll keep trying as long as they're going around.

What about a non-profit organization that would fund the research of medical marijuana through independant organizations? I know that it's a long shot, but how much WOULD research cost independantly?

12. The FDA cannot conduct clinical trials or study medical marijuana until the DEA reclassifies marijuana as a schedule 2 controlled substance instead of schedule 1. Something the secretary of the department of health and human services can do with a stroke of a pen. I would rather sign a petition for his/her email box then to waste time demanding the FDA do something it is powerless to do.

13. Signed,

However, I'm only the 2nd person in NY to do so according to the site. <,<
    More New yorkers get on the wagon please :p

14. How can cannabis be classified as a class 1 and cocaine as a class 2?

13 states have medical marijuana, how many states have medical cocaine?

How can they say that marijuana has no medical value as a drug, if 13 states say it does. WHAT THE FUCK?

Part of the criteria for being placed in schedule one is: "The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."

Every thing from the federal government is a bunch of bullshit.