Petition- Fire DEAs Michele Leonhart

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Some easy-peasy activism for you all! Hopefully, she will keep mouthing off and get herself fired! :laughing:  We need to tell old "Barry of the Choom Gang" that we really wouldn't mind seeing her go!  :wave:   :hide: 

https://www.change.org/petitions/president-barack-obama-fire-anti-marijuana-dea-administrator-michele-leonhart

I used my real name- really, are they going to come after all 14,000+ supporters?   Says they need less than 400 more signatures. There's a little box where you can say why this petition is important to you.

I added my 2 cents worth in the box  :devious:  - "People who deny obvious scientific facts are delusional, and are not fit to hold office"!

Granny

2. Don't fire me :(

3. Depends on your answer to the question- Which is more harmful to your health, alcohol or cannabis?

People who deny obvious scientific facts are delusional, and are not fit to hold office!

Granny

4. I signed but ill be real surprised if Obama does anything

5. Are we not suppose to use our real . info when signing petitions?

I just did for the NJ legalization vote lol

6. I suppose signatures would need to be verified 

7. true

8. Signed it. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #10 floating_by, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Well, considering nearly a million arrests a year for pot, I'd say its certainly within their capabilities any time they want to. Do the math there, granny. Yeah, society will be a crumbling smoldering mess by the time it gets to that. But don't be so cavalier in your attitude. Electronic leashes abound and willingly signing up to be a pot martyr doesn't do anyone a bit of good except make the job that much easier should society go down that dark path. "Lists" in recent history have had disasterous effect. Read some more history, teacher.
    Your exuberence is blinding you a touch.

Besides: who will respond to your plea? The Democrats? The Republicans? The two parties who BOTH retained her evil services. Ain't no one to write to for these things. Start thinking outside of this box NOW.

10. If you don't make an effort, you sure as hell are not going to win! I am sorry your outlook on life is so jaded that you can see no hope for the future!  I hope you feel better soon!

11. I am going to have to agree with floating. Who do you expect to respond.

12. I have said, since before Obama was elected, that if he was going to legalize cannabis, it would be late in his second term. By bringing the subject up through multiple petitions, polls, etc., it will give Obama the excuse that he is doing it because of the demands of the American people.

So exactly how do YOU plan to get cannabis legalized? Violent revolution? Or are you willing to just let it slide and go on toking, and keep on risking jail? I'd love to hear your suggestions.

13. #14 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Nothing. Legalization in America is just setting up for a big cooperate monopoly. I am all for a lenient decrim laws like what are in ca. Under a oz 75 buck fix it ticket. No jail time to fear there and you get to keep your weed. It's more just a slap on the hand for being a jackass and being caught. All this legalization is going to do is let those few selected Groups set up shop and exploit the people. Don't think these laws that have been passed were because of the will of the people, otherwise it would be legal nation wide since that is what the people want right.

People should not got to jail for weed but they should not be extorted to get it either.

14. #15 Biltwellnigga, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    Are you saying they go to everyone's houses who signs a pot legalization petition for their state and arrests them?

EDIT: Do you also have to be a registered voter for it to count?

15. #16 guest30011140, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Decriminalization sucks. What do you think happens to the people that are growing the cannabis plants? They get arrested and sent to jail. The only answer is full legalization! That means Phillip Morris gets to sell his pack of joints behind the counter at Circle K (metaphorically - Phillip Morris / Marlboro) AND I get to grow my plant in my garden, right next to my tomatoes and lettuce. This is how the laws must be written!

16. So how many plants can they grow in wa under this legalization?? 0. You really think they want the consumer not to rely on them. This will them to continue their war on pot busting people growing their own stuff. Hasher penalties for growing then what are in place now. No that can't happen. Ask the people of Canada how that turned out. What the people want really have nothing to do with the special interest have planed for it.

17. It has to happen. Legalize it!

18. It's legal who cares.

Yeah that's a great way to look at.

19. #20 guest30011140, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Who cares about what?

Please explain the negative result of allowing people or businesses the opportunity to prosper through regulated distribution of cannabis while also allowing individuals to grow the herb in their gardens for personal use (which or may not include giving it to friends and family cuz whodafuck cares).

Edit: Hopefully you have a good answer for me to read in the morning. Good night, fellow Blade.