PETA Killed 95 Percent of Adoptable Pets During 2008

Discussion in 'General' started by maxrule, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Holy shit! :eek:

I just saw this in the news.

I thought you might like to know.

2. WOW just fuckin WOW, not cool

3. I guess at the end of the day everyone is a hypocrite :rolleyes:For some reason, I'm not surprised.

4. so WAIT, they bring in all of these animals, provide no means for them to be adopted or cared for in almost any way, and then fucking kill them? what the fuck is that where the people your supposed to trust your animal with end up killing it with an almost 0% chance of it going some place better?

5. It must just be a sick scam to bilk people out of money at the expense of those poor pets.

I mean if that article it true, it must be.

That really pisses me off because I love animals. :mad:

6. i always had no respect for peta just from the harassing way they go about business, kind of nazis in the way that if u dont agree with them there will be re-percussions

7. I always suspected they were a scam but I would have never guessed they were actually killing all those pets.

That is just pure evil.

8. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCLt9AR_NI"]YouTube - Your Mommy Kills Animals Trailer[/ame]

9. PETA members have always been completely insane. This is not new.

That being said, OMGWTF

10. OMG WAT

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......... I got the general message about PETA being crazy bitches anyway, but 95 FUCKING PERCENT?!?!?!?! WHAT??????? Holy shit..... My jaw scraped the floor when I read this.

11. I can't believe YOU believe this rubbish. The Center for Consumer Freedom, the people behind these 'facts' are:

""The Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) (formerly called the "Guest Choice Network") is a front group for the restaurant, alcohol and tobacco industries. It runs media campaigns which oppose the efforts of scientists, doctors, health advocates, environmentalists and groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving, calling them "the Nanny Culture -- the growing fraternity of food cops, health care enforcers, anti-meat activists, and meddling bureaucrats who 'know what's best for you""

Although PETA does put to sleep alot of animals, and some of their policies ARE ridiculous, please don't just take the #1 Digg article and post it here without checking it's credibility

12. Killing animals to pay for advertising to keep animals alive. That sounds like typical PETA to me.

PETArds.

13. Fuck peta fucking peice of shits

14. sorry juevos, but this isn't the first time there's been a release like this, I saw one about 4 years back on an actual news website, just because the group releasing might be a little off center doesn't automatically make it false

15. PETA supports terrorists groups.
    fuck PETA.

16. Alot of those foundations and charity funds are just fraudulent fronts to make money. ESPECIALLY the WWF. So think twice before you donate some money.. know where its going first

17. #18 zpyro, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Just because you saw it on an "actual news website," doesn't make it true either. Nor does hearing about it more than once. People are always talking down on PETA, I bet "news" about them is spread daily. The "news" is often as reliable as PETA's bullshit propaganda.

Did you bother to read anything about this "CCF?"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActivistCash

It's basically one group of shitheads putting down another group of shitheads.

18. I love how many people here will be first to call BS on any marijuana propaganda (which is understandable) but then see a single report on something like this and will be the first to be like "OMG WTF WOW"

I wont fully believe a single thing unless I have read/seen at least 3 reliable sources/studies

Don't be so gullible! People love to stretch the truth and play with words in any situation not just drugs.

The government does it so activist/reporters do the same to keep up/effectively counter

19. #20 Gloom, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Strangely enough, they aren't violating their animal rights ideals, the extinction of domestic animals is their way of ending the "slavery" or all those dogs and cats (And etc.). After all, pets are better off dead then enslaved by law abiding pet owners. :rolleyes:

Animal rights is a plague, supporting it is proof that you are ignorant or scum, you choose. (If you are offended, too bad, just know that I am offended by nonsensical laws against pets, nonsensical laws against meat, and nonsensical laws against ect.)

The Center For Consumer Freedom definitely does have some pretty childish ad campaigns and perhaps their funds aren't always from spotless sources, but their facts are good.

MADD is for prohibition of alcohol (At one point they did actually work towards ending drunk driving, but since then their slogan changed from, "Don't Drive Drunk" to "Don't Drink And Drive". Their founder left MADD in 1985 for the exact reasons that I dislike MADD).

Food cops are for banning pretty much everything that they don't think is healthy, fast food, sweets, salt, and pretty much everything else. (It doesn't help to try and make sense of them)

Environmentalists tend to be people who either do good for the environment (Rare) or organizations that wish to ban pretty much ban everything that they think is bad for the environment and thus make bundles of money from whatever is left. (Environmentally healthy products and these environmentalists are common)

Lastly, animal rights is for the complete separation of non-human animals and humans through any means necessary. (No pets, no meat, no leather, no animal agriculture, no circuses, no zoos, should I go on?)

If you want to help animals, check out animal welfare (ASPCA (The various SPCAs are not associated with ASPCA, some of them are good, some aren't), HSUS, PETA, etc. are animal rights, not animal welfare).

Edit: Oh, there's a second page, oh well. :p