Pet for a 10 gallon aquarium

Discussion in 'Pets' started by nanners, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I can't have hamsters I'm super allergic to rodents. So I'm lending towards reptiles. Dart frogs sound sweet.

2. Defiantly dart frogs any questions let me know

3. Thanks, I will. :) I'm going to do some more research first before I get anything.
    Have you owned any dart frogs?

4. Yes I have I don't have any ATM but I have kept them in the past you can forget about the tank for months and they'll survive I know someone who thought their frog had died and left the tank outside for a few months during winter and then brought the tank back inside and found it still alive

5. Get a ball python man, they're cheap and really nice. Low maintenance, just feed him once every other week and make sure there's always water around.

Any snake under 1.5 ft is cool in a 10, but I'd get a bigger one though.

6. I had a dart frog, he ended up dying because I forgot to turn the heater off and he fried and was stuck to the rock lol. He was cool while he was alive though.

7. Ball pythons get too big for me.... I'd rather have something smaller.

Oh no poor frog. :( I heard that can happen with heat rock and pads. Thats why I always used a lamp instead for all of the reptiles I had previously owned.

On a side note I hung out with some pretty chill bearded dragons at my cousins house. My boyfriend was afraid of them. lol

8. you could maybe have a corn snake in a 10 gallon, might be a little small though and mice can get expensive. what about fish?

9. I thought it might be kinda small for fish.

10. [quote name='"nanners"']

Ball pythons get too big for me.... I'd rather have something smaller.

Oh no poor frog. :( I heard that can happen with heat rock and pads. Thats why I always used a lamp instead for all of the reptiles I had previously owned.

On a side note I hung out with some pretty chill bearded dragons at my cousins house. My boyfriend was afraid of them. lol[/quote]

Corn snakes are good small pets if you want a small snake

11. they don't need heaters as long as it stays in the mid to upper 70s

12. Yah but who keeps their house in the mid to upper 70s all year long? Hahah

13. Aquatic frogs :D

14. Hermit Crabs
    Miniature Turtles maybe
    Scorpions
    Gecko's
    Frogs

If you want something a little bigger like a snake, bearded dragon, etc. a 10 gallon will be perfect for them as their babies until they get bigger. Some smaller pets shops will actually let you trade in your tank for something bigger and you only have to pay a small amount. My 10 gallon lasted a god while for my snake, now I have him in a 30 gallon.

15. you could have a really nice setup in a 10 gallon. tetras, corys, ottos, betta (only 1 betta), gouramis, are just a few that would be very happy in a 10 gallon tank

16. If you want fish I don't know fish for shit. But you could keep a pacman frog. They're easy and you can get some attractive frogs pretty cheap.
    Like above said certain dart frogs. A leopard gecko.

17. Actually I'm trying to decide between those three... lol I've had leopard geckos before, I might go with something new.

18. please, please, please, don't get a dart frog if you haven't done the research. To have a fully functional and healthy dart frog you'll be spending at least a couple hundred dollars. There's a lot to know and they can only really eat fruit flies and then you need to supplement that with calcium and vitamin dust. they need to have at least 80-100% humidity to not dry out and a lot of other things to keep them happy. Please do some heavy research before getting one.

I'm not getting anything anymore. I made this thread over a year ago. If I plan to get another creature it would be a fat tail gecko. I've taken care of geckos before.