Pet for a 10 gallon aquarium

Discussion in 'Pets' started by nanners, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I have a 10 gallon aquarium and want to get a pet that will live in it. Any suggestion? I want something that would be relatively easy to take care of. :wave:

2. Any pet can live in an aquarium

Im going to put mice in my 50 gallon and im going to make a maze out of discarded wine and liquor bottles

3. That sounds kinda cool. I've been thinking about getting a gecko or something.

4. I think fish and real plants are pretty trippy to look at but lizards are boring they don't move much.

5. I have considered fish. Any suggestions on what kinds to get? I like lizards though too.

6. You should just get a lizard, all you need is a heat lamp/rock and to feed it mealie worms every so often and you're good lol. I'd get a gecko lol

7. Get a shark.

8. I've had a leopard spotted gecko before and I do like them. I already have heatlamps and such.

9. Bearded dragon, easy to take care of

10. There are sharks small enough for a 10 gallon? Are they fresh or salt water?

I like bearded dragons, but isn't a 10 gallon too small. My cousin has his bearded dragons in a tank thats like 6 feet long.

11. Actually know what would be cool? A poison dart frog. They come in really bright colors lol

12. I'm kidding.

No fish should be housed in a 10 gallon, it's cruel.

Maybe animals with low metabolism that won't move much.

Spider, pacman frog, most amphibians, scorpion, and smaller slow moving lizards will do well.

13. Woah, that sounds sweet! Are they safe to handle or are they only poisonous if you eat them? lol I'll look into that.

14. [quote name='"nanners"']

Woah, that sounds sweet! Are they safe to handle or are they only poisonous if you eat them? lol I'll look into that.[/quote]

They're safe to handle but you need to wash your hands right after, and don't touch your eyes/mouth before you wash up lol.

15. Poison frogs are not poisonous!
    The only thing that makes em toxic is their natural diet.

A captive poison dart is no more toxic than a bullfrog.

Still wash your hands after handling ANY pet.

16. #16 nanners, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
    Lol, I thought you were kidding, but I wasn't sure.

Pacman frogs look awesome, like hypnotoad. It would be cool to feed them mice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52_40dHAJk]Ornate Pacman Frog eating a mouse - YouTube[/ame]

17. I have a 10 gallon at the moment, with some pricey freshwater shrimp.

Red crystal shrimp average 15-30 bucks each, not for everyone.

A 60 gallon is considered small in the aquarium hobby, most fish won't thrive in a 60 gallon either.

A human can live a 8x8 prison cell for life, but do you consider that life?

18. Yeah, I don't care if I keep an aquarium. I'm not very experienced with aquariums. I'm just looking for a pet that can live a happy life in a 10 gallon tank, because that is what I have laying around.

19. Dart frogs are cool and you could fit a pair or trio depending on the kind the only care they need is some fruit flys every day and a misting

20. I had a hamster when I was younger in one and I just bought one tonight. If you are someone who likes to smoke at night, hamsters are active at nighttime. It's trippy watching this little animal scurry around and run on a wheel, while being ripped (you, not the hamster obviously). Everything is more interesting when high!