Pests

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Skip I am, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Anyone seen these before? After noticing leaf damage i turned it over and found about 6 of them crawling underneath. They all appear to be green in color. No webs at all like i read associated with spider mites. Sorry i cant get a clearer picture my phone was on 10x magnification for these. There does appear to be black eggs possibly on the underside of the leaves as well. I'm assuming neem oil will take care of them but for reference it would be helpful to know what they are. As you can see by the first pic they are doing serious damage to my leaves. 20190129_234550.jpg 20190129_234823.jpg 20190129_234127.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Skip I am, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    It's definitely Hemp Russet Mites. So after doing a good bit of reading i've come to the understanding that even spraying neem oil every 3 days its not enough to wipe them out. I plan to pick up some DE, and Sulfer fungicide tomorrow. Is there anything else that the peeps here would suggest adding to my onslaught attack on them?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Try Dr zymes its organicly made with citrus acids. Killed everything I've thrown at it. U can do foilar and soil drench. It kills all bug eggs in soil. I have sprayed a few days before harvest and didnt notice it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Or predator bugs

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. So I've thinned the plants out a bit on leaves, and been pounding them every other day alternating between neem and spinosad. I haven't been able to pick up the other weaponry yet but i have noticed that i am now unable to find them under the leaves. I see what looks like them but they do not move at all no matter what i do aside from smashing them or knocking them off. I have every intention of continuing my attack on them as the plants are about 7 months from flower. If i continue to nuke the plants every 2 days for the next month should i be ok? My concern is the 10 more beans i plan to start at the end of the month.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 7 months from flower? Are you growing these to smoke, or to build a tree house in it? All kidding aside, I'd be surprised spinosad and neem wouldn't knock it out. Sorry if I missed, or if sounds silly, but have you been doing a good soak on leaves, and more importantly; what time of day are you spraying?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Photos brother?

• Like Like x 1
  8. 20190211_165906.jpg 20190211_165858.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lol these are clones taken from a flowering shiskaberry this past season that i revegged so I've been just doing a bunch of lst on them over the winter. I've been drenching the top and underside of leaves just before the lights turn off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Have you tried and alcohol spray yet using 91% isopropyl alcohol 1q to one gallon of water.
    spray that on your plants it has a pretty good effect on most bugs it will wipe out spider mites with a quickness it softens their little shells and they cracked open like eggs I don't use the alcohol wash in flower because of obviously reasons it will wash your resin off the buds but in veg stage and all the way up to a little bit in pre bud or two weeks into flower. you can use this alcohol wash no problem.
    I also use 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 quart to one gallon of water. This works great for taking in fighting any mold issues and the plant's love the H202. You can use it as a drench you can use it in the soil as a drench to fight any Critters you have in there as well and like I said the plants love it if you're using CO2 in your veggie grow your plants will love it again make some feel like they're in Jurassic Park. Good luck bro I hope you get them under control I hate pests. I try to deal with them organically as much as possible it's not too often that I got to result to using any kind of chemical sprays but sm90 is one of my favorites to use for many things if I'm going to use a chemical

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 2
  11. Russet mites!!! I had these last summer on my outdoor plant had to cut most the bottom of my plants branches because I didn't catch it quick enough...listen I bought so much bullshit to get these gone......listen I don't care what anyone says I don't care if youve been growing for 100years....the easiest way to get rid of them is using "powdered sulfer" it's fucking cheap too. Got my from botanicare it cost like 7 bucks a bottle......take two tablespoons in a liter spray bottle fill with water shake it up and spray the leaves MAKE SURE TO GET THE UNDERSIDE OF ALL THE LEAVES....apply every other day and if it rains go back out and reapply once it's dry again. I fucking swear by this method got rid of them in about 2weeks. Don't go too heavy like I said everyother day or every 3 days. If you do it each day you'll fry the leaves...it dry's them up fucks there insides up if they start munching on the leaf....DONT DO THIS IN FLOWER ONLY VEG!!! fuck all those other products I've bought them all tried it all sulfer works right away man. This is the most organic way...all other products including neem oil can suck it lol because this is cheap and effective that most people don't know about. Natty G on YouTube taught me this one...read up on it more and I have the proof on my IG. Proven shit my dudes

MPM

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thank you man. I follow Natty G and Kaligrownbudz on youtube myself. I seen him mention the sulfer method and am going to give it a go in a few days. I will have to research up on if H2O2 effects good soil biology or not. I just noticed tonight that one of those clones never fully revegged. Its still got red pistals and super tiny buds everywhere. I dropped my light to just above the canopy and put them on 24/0 to see if i can bring it out of it. If not no biggie i am popping 10 beans in a month for this coming season.

13. I'm Dan and I'm glad to see your post refering to hydrogen peroxide for mould. My cuttings and some seedlings have green mould around the medium top and the old plug tops . anyway I'm very interested in the stuff you were saying re the use of hydrogen peroxide. What strength and dilution figures do you use for safe mould removal. Please mate.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

14. insecticidal soap ,( one table spoon of pure soap in 1200ml of water), would be worth a shot , i just used it 2 weeks ago on two spotted mite in my veg room and a big prune of all the leaves that have the eggs on them , and another spray a week later and they were gone. i don't think i would use on flowers though.
    It's very important to spray under the leaves so i made an attachment for a spray bottle with a piece of irrigation tube and a fine mister nozzle pointing up . Make sure your lights are well out of the way and protected .
    DSCN3685.JPG DSCN3686.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Im kinda rough with my ladies. I gently push whole branches over to expose the underside of the leaves. I'm no where near flower and after adjusting my lights i think i finally forced the clone that never reverted from flower in to veg again. The plant no longer has the noticeable skunk smell of a flowering lady.

16. Green mold or algae? Algae is a little easier than mold to deal with. Pics