Pests

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cheese Fiend, Jul 10, 2016.

1. I'm not sure what's eating my plant or what would be the best option for it but I need some advice. I have just been watching one of my plants get slowly eaten the past few days and really don't want it to get worse. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. white fly (white marks in leaves)

and cattapillars

cold pressed neem oil is your friend, does molds too is organic and systemic

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man I think I will try that out pretty soon

4. Neem once per week with silica and surfactants. I

Be Well...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Whiteflies don’t do white scratches. Whiteflies are like aphids, they pierce the leaf and suck out the goods, usually causing yellowing or discolouration on the top side if there’s enough of them.
    This looks like the work of a true bug and the best course of action if you’re growing outdoors is to leave it alone and let nature take its course. If you keep the oils, soaps, and chemicals off your plant, a native predator will show up and take care of it.
    You should always have Stratiolaelaps scimitus in your soil as they can break the life cycle of bugs like root weevils, as well as control fungus gnats, thrips, overwintering spider mite, etc. Best pest control bang for the buck.
    No need for chemicals.
    A bit of folial damage from a catapillar is better than a plant that is covered in a chemical which will stress the plant, make it more prone to other pest infestations, and likely slow growth.

6. Caterpillars AKA bud worms are the Bane of outside growers worldwide. The Caterpillars will ruin your entire crop if you don't take preventive action from the beginning of flower till harvest.
    BT applied once a week every week is the best treatment available.
    [​IMG]
    This is a bacterium not a chemical contact poison. The Caterpillar need to eat some leaf treated with the product then it forms crystals in their gut and they basically starve to death.
    Quickly destroyed by sunlight so it needs weekly applications. It's only effective against Caterpillars and safe for use around fish. Used by Tomato growers for decades now. It's Dipel originally if I recall.

I've used this on my outside grows for years now after I lost 90% of my first big outside grow to the little shitting bastards. After harvest a few days into drying the first of them came crawling out then dozens more and more and MORE until it was hundreds of Caterpillars hanging out of my ohh so carefully trimmed buds.
    Every spot of Caterpillar crap becomes mold in your buds and it's ruined then
    BNW

7. Ah, yes. BT is the best method if you have a catepillar issue like that, good point. BT also doesn't mess up your other beneficial insects because it only affects the bugs that eat the plant. A good tool to have around.
    Thanks BrassNWood