PESTICIDES

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TNhomegrown, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Ok I'm new and I've read about the organicide to spray your plants down to control pest. I've read where people have said its been sold at Home Depot, well I'm here and they don't have it. They have Dr. Earth pure and natural organic, ortho 3n1, Natures care, spectracide. I'm stuck and if I had to guess I could use neem oil or find somethin different. Any of y'all recommend any of those listed?

2. What pests are you trying to control?

3. Yeah what are you having issues with?

4. Whatever tries to invade my plants lol

5. I wouldn't recommend spraying things on your plants unnecessarily, I've gotten away with never using pesticides or foliar sprays on my plants and you probably can too.

6. How do i get rid of spider mites?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 deman81k, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    I use Forbid by Bayer. Works EVERY TIME. Kills adults, larvae and eggs and can be sprayed on the top of leaves.
    I wouldn't suggest using it once ur well into bud.

Now for the op...don't spray stuff on ur plants unless u have pests already. Best way to not have pests is having the healthiest plants possible, and keep your grow area CLEAN

8. So, preventive maintenance?

Keep your grow area clean, change clothes and wash hands before working on your plants
    Keep pets out of your grow area, my dog carried spider mites into my first grow
    Unused soil and compost should be covered and sealed (pests can invade that too)
    Use neem meal or cake in your soil mix (prevents fungus gnats/mites, plant absorbs natural pesticide)
    Use silica in your nutrient regimen (strengthens tissue, makes it harder for pests to munch)

People who are at higher risk of getting mites spray their plants regularly with neem oil, but it's not something I'd do unless every other method fails and they keep coming back.

When I first started growing I thought fuck it I'm not going out of my way for nothing, I'll deal with the pests if they show up. Then I got mites on my first grow and it changed my whole outlook. Now I practice preventive maintenance religiously and I haven't had a single pest issue in years.