PESTICIDES that WORK

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OhioStateBuckeyes, May 12, 2012.

1. Just found on Skunk Labs Horticulture facebook page they have 32oz Plant Cleanse and Vital Rinse samples available, not sure how long that will last though.

2. Skunk Labs Facebook ad

[​IMG]

4. I would recommend Hot Shot no pest strips, great for spider mites, and any other annoying pest that can ruin your crop. Its safe for your plants and you can use all the til harvest. I have had great results, and I recommend it to any fellow grower. You can find these hot shot no pest at any home depot, Lowes, and sometimes at your local supermarket. The price ranges any where from $6.00-$13.00. Use them all the time even when ventilation is turned off. Works best then.

5. I buy organocide spray from the hydroponics store seems to work every time for me

6. I would just use compost tea in a foliage spray... feed and protect!

Do you use organocide during flower also or just veg?

8. At my wits end with these spider mites! Captain Jack's dead bug stuff isn't working. I make sure to saturate the bottom and too of each leaf/plant yet they are still living.
    About ready to dunk each plant in a bucket of water and drown the mites however I don't want to kill my plants.

9. Neem, my friends. Or, for you organic enthusiasts out there, you can crush up a half clove of garlic (make sure you crush it really well so the juices are flowing) and drop it in a small pot of water. Bring it to a low boil, turn the heat down, and let it steep like a tea. You can use this as a natural foliar pesticide, since most critters hate the stuff.

Plus, you won't have to worry about any sparkly vampires trying to steal your crop.

10. Neem is organic. They also have other sprays that contain garlic and lavender oils I heard works well. Pyrethrin might be your best bet tho if spinosad isn't working on em. Trick is to hit em with something they aren't immune to or have became hardy to. Good luck bro.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

11. Okay thank you. Will be giving these ideas a shot.

12. Hey I'm just wondering what options you've taken to combat those SM. Something which I forgot to ask as well of your ladies are already flowering and if so how far along are they?

•• Chicago Original ••

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

13.  Well I am sorry to change the subject but has anyone here used "Dipel" AKA - BT for your budworm problems?? I have been spraying with the Safers brand Catapiller spray but I recently purchased a 4 lb bag of Dipel powder. I also bought a Dustin Mizer to apply the powder with!! Does anyone here have any experience  with the Dipel and the Dustin Mizer???  I will be gratefull for Any and all information provided. I let my Green Crack buds get to big before applying the spray so now I have an abundance of these little pricks buried deep in the buds! I have sprayed every three  days for 9 days and I am still finding them. :eek:  :gc_rocks:

14. #174 occasionalburnout, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    :)

15. On the back of my captain jacks bottle it says for outdoor residential use only. Should I abide by that label, or would it be safe enough to use inside? Also I was looking at mosquito dunks (the cakes) and it said not to contaminate food or drinking water with it. Is it really safe to put in my soil inside? It says it has other toxins in it besides bt...

16. Have a plant hanging to cure and noticed some mites. I it safe to use neem oil this late in the game?

17. Kill spider mites with ease using.......Mighty Wash. I have first hand experience. Thorough spray top to bottom one day, dead mites the next day. Safe to use up to day of harvest. There is a you tube vid of a guy drinking the stuff. Works awesome. Try it.

18. OK I've got some fliers (aka fungus gnats) around my plants, so I need an organic friendly way of eradicating them. I've read all over the place the best way to get rid of them is, #1 dry the dirt out really good, #2 use yellow sticky traps for the fliers, and #3 use a 4-1 water to 3% hydrogen peroxide ratio for the larva. First question is wouldn't using the hydrogen peroxide kill the beneficial microbes in my Fox Farms Ocean Forest? If it does kill the microbes then can't I add them back by feeding some veg nutrients from then on out? Now as for the sticky traps I've also read a bowl of apple cyder vinegar (to attract) and a little dish washing soap would (to trap and kill the adults) also works any thoughts?

P.S. sorry about the big read, I've been doing a lot of research and had multiple questions lol. ;)

19. Currently battling gnats as well. What's works for me, is getting mosquito BT dunks, crushing em up and mixing it up with water. I'll let that sit for a day or two, and afterwards strain out the mixture and water. It's also helped crushing up the BT dunks and mixing it in the top portion of the soil. Getting rid of fungus gnats, prior to your soil being organically healthy and with the right supplements (chitin) will help give it a natural resistance to pests. You can also use sand on the top layer, and if your plants are healthy enough, after the bt treatment, you can afford to let the soil dry out for at least enough time to kill out any larva that's left over.

•• 🍁 ••

20. If none of you have tried "Old Stage- Green Cleaner" I heavily suggest you do. I battled mites for a long time, until I found this product. I PROMISE if you mix 2oz. of green cleaner with a gallon of water and COMPLETELY drench your room/ plants top to bottom, the next day when you turn over that infested leaf you will see nothing but black dead mites and eggs. Follow up on sprays every 3 days with 1oz. Per gallon till the bottle is gone and you won't ever see another mite (unless you bring them in on your clothes or dirty cuttings).

This product is 100% non toxic and does not require any protective equipment. You can wash your hands or hair with it if you wanted to. For real. It actually smells really good too. You can use it every day if you wanted to and your plants wouldn't show a single sign of stress or negative effects like Azamax and those other sprays. I've used it in week 6 of flower with no ill effects, making it the best product available IME for plants that get infested during the flowering cycle.

It's made locally in my area and has become the number 1 way to deal with mites here in the PNW. Cheapest place to find it is on Amazon by far.

Give it a shot and stay away from those nasty chemicals.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum