PESTICIDES that WORK

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OhioStateBuckeyes, May 12, 2012.

1. #181 BHamBudzNW, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Food grade diatomaceous earth sprinkled on the top layer of soil thoroughly a couple hours after watering will get rid of them in a week or two. A bag costs about $20 from the feed store and last forever if you use a fine mesh sifter (like you'd use in the kitchen) to cover the top layer. It kinda reminds me of sprinkling the cheap Parmesan cheese over spaghetti as a kid haha.

Couple that with sticky traps and your golden.

Also, ensure don't have any standing water in the room. Like a reservoir, or run off catch pans, they love these areas.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. y56

3. Hey Osub, stoppin in to check on you brother!
    ~ poke

4. Just found leaf miners in all of my plants, anybody know of a good home remedy or something I could pick up at home Depot or something?

5. Someone may have mentioned this method already, I did not come up with it, but it works miracles for the mites I have encountered. It is totally natural and harmless.
    Steps:
    1) simmer 5-6 habenero, or 7-8 jalepeno./ chilli pepper and a clove of garlic in a shallow saucepan with 1 liter of water for 20. DO NOT BOIL
    2) wait for it to cool and spray the tits out of your plants, covering all areas. If plants are flowering and you are worried about mold try to only lightly mist buds. I am not sure if this stuff will burn in the sun.
    3) MAKE SURE your buds get a good rise sometime between spraying and harvest, I am not sure how well the pepper oils disintegrate or evaporate and I wouldn't want to know what a bowl full of that stuff feels like.

Also if you are extra worried about mold maybe look into adding pasteurized lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide, distilled vinegar, or rubbing alc (just a suggestion)
    If anyone is interested this ^^^^ has been my preventative spray for mold during flowering:
    Ingredients:
    2 parts lemon juice, 2 parts distilled vinegar, 1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1 part 90% isopropyl rubbing alc., and 8 parts water
    Its super easy, super clean, and has worked wonders for me in high humidity and rain. I also spot treat bud rot with 90% isopropyl just don't soak your buds with that stuff it will strip trichs.

6. Are you in flower or veg?
    Flower I would look into all natural, spraying leaves with isopropyl alcohol mixed with water 1:2 ratio. Not positive if this will work, but its a common insecticide and the alcohol evaporates after contact. I would make sure to spray all leaves with it even the ones without signs of miners. Again do a little more research on this. There's a lot of natural solutions. Check out the last post I made about the pepper spray. Not sure if it works for leaf miners, but there's a good chance.

If you're in veg then just go for something strong but natural like pyrethrins, potassium salts of fatty acids, or neem. Some people still use those during flower, but I would create your own informed opinion about the safety of that. Also make sure to look into the resistance of those bugs. You might have to take extra steps in eradication if they can adapt or survive those sprays.

7. Anyone know what to use for Russet Mites, this late in flower? We don't have them bad, but just having them, is not ok with me.We have been using Met 52, with Guard,regiously, and we still hjave them. I have only 1 area that seems to be worse. Someone, please help!

8. I found that using tan Lin extract compared to bti works better eradicating fungus gnats. I had a bad infestation and couldn't get rid of them until I used tan Lin

9. I bought some predators last night, hope they work. Can someone tell me, if I harvest the plants, will the mites die once the bud dries? Or do they just keep sucking the sap out of them? I'm only finding a few here and there, but I know there is a lot more on them Please help, I don't know what else to do. By the way, my garden is outdoors.
    Thanks.

10. I had a question that I'm not Too sure where to ask, this seems like the most appropriate place. I have an Ornamental Pepper plant that isn't edible (meaning it was very likely sprayed with a pesticide not safe for eating) Would it be fine to make a Pepper/water/soap solution with these peppers and use them for plants? Wouldn't use them when flowering of course.

11. #191 3arth13ound, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    azotrol/azomax works well for me alternately with others,for the worst breakouts

12. Unfortunately there is no profit in selling the cure. 99% of the market will at best keep pests at bay.
    Preventative maintenance is your best option. Strong healthy plants will naturally keep pests out

Keep it simple s

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good list. I hate Mighty Wash. It didn't do shit for me on 2 applications (then again I was battling a big mite war). I have switched to Organicide (safe for flowering use!) and I am never looking back. A bottle of concentrate (mixed can make 10 gallons) is only like $20

14. Dr doom works great

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. If you click the link in my sig you will find a great way to rid the bugs. Has worked fantastic for me.
    Best to you grow buddies.

16. Green Cleaner... The Isopropyl dries out the live bodies and eggs, the lauryl sulfate and oils( clove and rosemary and such) acts as a deterrent and smothering agent. I spray the entire house with that shit on the weekly and havent seen mites for quite awhile...DO NOT use late in flower though as the iso will strip your terps and thc, Pyrethrin from bonide is supposedly safe through flower as it degrades very rapidly under light.

• Like Like x 1
  17. If you ever have an aphid problem just get ladybugs and you will never see another aphid again. I was to the point that I just wanted to watch those little bastards just get eaten alive, I bought 300 ladybugs on amazon for like $6 and just let them massacre the aphids, I haven't seen any more aphids since.
    The ladybugs leave their sent on the plants and it completely deturs any other aphid from coming back.
    Best $6 I've ever spent.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hi, I know this isn'ton the list there but have an aphid problem currently using kontos recommended by people at the grow store by me, so far so good, they'e been definitely shrinking in numbers,what would everyone say would be the best for aphids have green/white ones.