Pesticides That DONT Harm Bees

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by kahgknow, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Hey everybody right now outside it seems as thought almost everything is safe, however, my honeydew and cantaloupe seem to be diminshing away into nothing right now because I refuse to spray anything as it will kill the bees. It seems odd though because my watermelon are practically non-existent to whatever it may be eating them (my two problems that I have only seem to be cutworms and cabbage worms). So I am looking for something to spray on my melons that will keep these guys away? My melons are blooming and there are little melons coming in, however, it seems as thought a lot of leaves are getting eaten everyday. If there is anything I can spray to at least try without doing any damage to the bees that would be awesome.

2. I'm trying out a brew of fresh peppermint and rosemary for my garden. I haven't used it long enough to say how well it works, but it was recommended by a trusted source. I know bee's are ok with mint because they swarm my mint plants when they're in bloom. But other pests seem to hate it.

3. That sounds like a nice mix. What is your recipe that you currently use?

4. Id try companion.planting

Marigolds and nasturdium are a good start.

Insect nets if your garden isnt too big

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 pointswest, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  6. Bt is the toxin that is causing health problems in humans and livestock.

Organic or not. Its the main reason so many are outraged by gmos.

It causes leaky gut and allergies.

It also may cause birth defects and premature aging (shown in some experiments but not really confirmed)

Bt toxin is very bad.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app