Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pesticide-sprayed weed and headaches

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kevin123471, Jul 24, 2016.

1. I'll try to be brief. 30-year seasoned toker here, educated, and living past few weeks in small town America where it's awfully tough to find a hookup. Neighbor did me a solid, brought me 7 grams for $125 of some very typical looking KB. Tight buds, army green with teal to reddish colored hairs, but not a strong aroma. Tasted pretty good on the inhale and exhale. Within 25-30 minutes, it produces the worst headache I've had in my life.

After the first time smoking it, I wasn't sure if the weed caused the headache. I had already had a couple of glasses of wine. I smoked one healthy bowl, was pretty stoned, then it felt like my head was in a vice, squeezing and squeezing. Then felt like a 1000-lb weight was on the top of my head. Took prescription Fioricet and went to bed--thought the headache was due to the two glasses of red wine I had with dinner.

Woke up with awful headache, same kind of pain. Took OTC pain relievers, ate a fried egg, slice of sausage and drank pedialyte (hangover remedy). Then vomited. Headache lasted throughout the day--at least a 26 hour headache overall. Waited a whole day, took one toke off a glass pipe. 25 minutes later, I started feeling a headache coming on. Researched it on the internet and discovered that pesticides and growth hormones likely are the culprit on this otherwise good looking bud.

I've never had this happen to me--and I've purchased from sketchy sources before.
    Has anyone else had this experience? Can I cook the weed and expect a better high without headaches? Can the bag be salvaged or should I just throw it out? Any suggestions or sharing of experiences would be much appreciated.

It'll be a month before I see my brother and get some quality stuff, so I'd like to salvage this bag if I can.

2. If I were you I'd toss it. I'd suggest a water cure, but can't be certain that would remove the offenders. If you decide to do a water cure- it leaches the nasty's out of the cannabis. Maybe try a small amount. Put in a jar submerged, don't cap the jar. Change water daily for 7 days, the dry and smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alright. You've given me an idea. I'll go with the water cure, dry, then cook it.

Has anything like this ever happened to you? Does my description above confirm to you that it's pesticide sprayed herb? I'm prone to getting headaches, really bad migraines. The one I had a couple of days ago is the first headache I've had in about 8 weeks. and I did an awful lot of toking those eight weeks while hanging with friend before moving to this crummy town.

Anyway, still kind of wondering if the weed made my head hurt so bad. But I'll try this water cure. I don't have any other options on scoring until Labor Day weekend.

4. Definitely something is up with that weed, I've been smoking for a few years daily and in my early days of smoking this dealer my friends all picked up from his stuff was either watered down to make it heavy or he used ome spray on it a few times, that shit used to give everybody headaches and the high sucked, well at least now it would (tolerance build up), I'd say if you wanted to be use it the weed, eat the same meal, have the same 2 glasses of wine as the previous time and see what happens, if nothing that you know it's the weed for sure, without smoking some sprayed shit again, lord only knows what's in the weed, best of luck finding a few hookup

I've suffered with headaches for the last 13 years since high school, it's one of the many reasons I took up smoking in the first place, it definitely sounds like it's been sprayed with something to make it heavy on a scale, ditch that and find a new person, might I suggest looking into getting medical marijuana, I'm not too sure where you live in the US but you could always check out leafly website and type in your city, postal code etc and it will give you a list of every dispensary near you. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks Wake for sharing your experiences.

I live where herb is very verboten -- felony for an oz or more, misdemeanor for less but if they catch you with less than an oz, it'll cost you $2000 fine and 30 days in jail (first offense). We don't have medical here. This state will never have medical weed, and sure as hell won't ever legalize or decriminalize it. I live in a police state with the highest prison population per capita in the world. So that right there gives away my new home.

Actually, I'm probably going to give this herb another shot and do a hit or two after I eat. I've got my Fioricet, and I've got Excedrin PM and can just go to bed if it causes shooting pain.

This weed has not been sprayed or steamed. Let me take a photo of it and I'll post. It's dry, tight buds.

6. Well can't post a photo. Says there was an error but doesn't specify. Trust me, it isn't steamed. It's not wet at all. I think the grower used hormones or pesticides on it. But, it could be that the weed is not to blame for my headaches.

7. If you're so sure it's been poisoned why are you going to use it in any way? Good grief. If someone offered me poisoned drugs I like to think I'd turn them down.

8. I'm not sure, Cactus. That's why I posted the question in the OP. It's my guess that this bud has been sprayed or perhaps growth hormones were used in the growing stage. I've never experienced good weed to give me a headache so badly, so I'm figuring that there's something amiss about this bud. If it were plentiful here, I'd toss it and go get some more, but I don't have that option.

9. Poison or no, if it gives you a headache you should toss it but welcome to GC. Look around, maybe you'll see something of interest. And the water cure idea was a good one if you're going to keep smoking it but be aware some pesticides are oil based and therefor can't easily be separated from THC.

10. Thanks Cactus.

I took one hit of this stuff around 5 p.m. this evening after eating. It sizzled when I put the fire to it. One healthy hit made me sleepy, jacked my heart rate up a little, and I got a buzz after about 4-5 minutes. I took some excedrin. I haven't gotten a headache.

I've had several folks give me suggestions and I think I'm going to make a tincture. I need to take a break from toking anyway and get some work done. I'll do that as the tincture does its thing for 10 days. I was recently with friends for the past two months, smoking really kind shit all day everyday, eating lots of edibles and then working out. It's good to take a break every now and then.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UPDATE:

So I got this weed from this guy who lives next door, and after toking on it the day I got it and got a headache, I posted a question as to whether the weed caused it and what I could do if that were the case.

Well, following a tip I received on this site, I put the weed in a mason jar, exposed it to the air for about 5 mins. a day, then left it alone for 6 days while I was in Colorado, and I've returned. I smoked some the past three days and i've got to say that this is some really fine bud, probably among the best I've ever had.

It's truly one-toke shit. And that one toke lasts for hours. So I imagine that my initial belief that it caused my headache migth be incorrect. Perhaps that first day I just smoked too much. Anyway, I've got some good bud that'll last me a while, and my neibhgor has since told me that that weed is rare around these parts, so I should enjoy it.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and tips.

12. Great to hear it worked out for you, also congrats on a nice smoke, I'd say the next time your neighbor has some new stuff pick up as much as possible, seeing as weed is rare where you live and possible changes and etc, I'd just grab as much as you could and store it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. So it doesn't give you headaches after all and it was only coincidence you got the headaches at first shortly after you smoked? Have you had problems with somatization before?

14. I appreciate your thinly veiled insult, Cactus Ed. FYI, I get headaches, and when I do, they seem to last for several days, and nothing I take such as aspirin or butalbital or advil will touch it. I'm under a doctor's care, and I'm currently taking preventatives.

Usually, when I've got some good smoke and I'm stoned most of the time, I don't get headaches as frequently. I recently got a bag from an unknown source, smoked, got a headache and thought it could be the weed. Turns out that wasn't the case, or maybe it was.