Pest Problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TM4Hunnid, Jun 21, 2018.

1. So my grow has been going pretty good so far, plants are alittle over 4 weeks into veg. Yesterday I watered with Fox Farm Grow Big for the first time pH’d to 6.4 (I forgot to test the runoff but it’s normally always in a good range.). Looking in my tent today I saw that leaves on one of my plants were spotted. It’s only like 2 leaves out of the whole plant. At first I was thinking it was because of the Nutes but now I’m worrying that it’s either spider mites or aphids. My plants are grown from seed and have never been outside. So I’m not sure how I would have gotten them. Plants looked perfectly fine yesterday and now today there are spots. Can anyone help?

6D08E17F-BC48-412A-B3D7-8D1B55D64FE8.jpeg

22EA4BF3-3B3D-437F-96AA-DA42FF44D906.jpeg

2. Low to moderate numbers of aphids do not harm to leave, But if presents at large number then it may damage to garden. Aphids can also produce large quantities of a sticky liquid known as honeydew, which often turns black with the growth of a sooty mold fungus which distorts growth. Indian Neem Oil is the best insect/pest repellent I believe ever since my sister's garden area was got infested with aphids and have to contact exterminator manhattan, They suggested using Indian neem oil if in future they faced any fungus or any pest related problems in her garden area.

3. #4 AJSpencer, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Don’t think its aphids.

4. Bs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya nevermind, that was some bad judgement. Edited.
    I guess this crop turned out OK otherwise we would have seen some updates.

6. If anything it would be spidermites, but they leave dots not weird shaped blobs. It looks to me like Mg deficiency. I'd try a cal mag dose or a Epsom salt (Manganese of Sulfate) feeding. I like to add Epsom to my compost teas with fulvic acid to avoid Mg deficiencys.

7. Nail in the coffin! That’s mite damage if I have ever seen it! You get enough in one area, the dots bleed into those patterns!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Nah, too uniform and by the time there’d be that much damage from spider mite, there’d be noticeable webbing.
    Looks like a deficiency.

9. #10 DrDizzle, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Which one?
    Which deficiency shows this?
    That is systemic necrosis!
    Having lost a $30k crop to spider mites outdoors, showing that pattern, and not producing webs until after harvest, I am very curious what deficiency shows that particular symptom, cause I believed the same thing and it cost me a whole season
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. I agree with Dizzle, that's mofo ing spider mites. Flip a couple leads over and look at them with a loupe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. **leaves

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. What leaves are being damaged all or just new growth also just because the plants haven't been outside doesn't mean anything. What is your environment medium temps humidity also what are you feeding them what strain. We need to stop guessing with the info we have. Neem oil works wonders on insects while still vegging it doesn't hurt to do preventive maint with neem oil. My suggestion is give more Info check the tun off also do the preventive maint in the mean time while waiting for the next watering. This could be a number of issues more info needed

13. Water your plants with azotrol and Epsom salt.