Perspectives

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by YEM, May 18, 2009.

1. #1 YEM, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    How would you describe the altered perception that drugs induce on you?

Do you enjoy the different ways of perceiving the events that go on around you?

In relation to the sober perspective and the drugged perspective, which perspective to you is more REAL?

Do you believe that the drugged perspectives help inspire your sober perspectives?
    And vice-versa?

2. Smoking bud has expanded my mind. If I did not smoke, I would not have developed my thirst for knowledge that I have today. Weed actually helps me to grasp reality and explore the concept of existance.

3. This is a very hard thing to describe in words for me. For weed and especially other psychedelics it sometimes seems nearly impossible to accurately describe the feeling in words. I really feel like it is something that just has to be experienced personally to get the correct idea of what it's like.

I very much enjoy the differences in perception that various drugged states provide. I feel like changes of perception can greatly stimulate the mind by offering a completley different perspective on things.

I do not consider either perspective to be more real than the other. Perception under the influcence of drugs can seem less real because of how greatly it contrasts from our normal state of cinsciousness. However, they are both based on chemical process within our brains, just varied states of it. Because both states are based on the same fundamental element, I consider neither to be more real.

I belive that the drugged perspective has greatly increased my sober perspective. For marijuana, it gives me an overall greater appreciation of music, art, and other creative aspects of life even while sober. Other psychedelics, primarily mushrooms, have given me a greatly increased respect for the power of my own mind, as well as a much more positive outlook and greater understanding of many aspects of my own life and all life in the universe.

4. I would describe these altered states as in each durg you use, you will pay more attention to certain things that normally youd overlook. When i smoke, i easily notice the beauty of life and little things like the way people act toward you and others. When i use acid or shrooms, i look much more deeper into things like conversations that ihad just had and the origin of life.

i do enjoy the different ways that i observe things on diff drugs. the things that i appreciate on drugs i try to reminisce on when im sober.

i think that sober consciousness is the most real to us because its what we grew up in, its what we always return to after coming down of drugs, and provides a clearer way of thinking for everyday happenings.

like i said earlier i use my drugs enhanced consciousnesses to help me appreciate things while im sober. they really do open doors that you can never can open while your sober. and once you see these doors, you can open them again while your sober. i think this has helped me become a more mature person. this is evident when i talk to someone who has smoked or tripped before, i love having deep convos with these people. because sometimes you couldnt have these convos with people who havent experimented with drugs. the level of thinking is so much deeper because you pretty much figure out all the normal things when your high.

good thread btw.

5. Good post man +rep. That is really something to get high and ponder on in bold.