Perspective thinking

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Crownic, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Since the release of modern warfare 2, my first war game ever played, I started to think about suicide bombers. Something has to be compelling them to do this. Something they truly believe in. Who would be willing to give their life to kill others? It really got me thinking.

Is it wrong what they are doing? I'm starting to believe less and less in right and wrong and more into perspective. Just because I like basketball, doesn't mean you like basketball. Just that fact alone is quite scary to me, perspective can change someones opinion so much.

We all think those suicide bombers are scum or whatever, but maybe they think we are scum for doing something. Who is right? Its just not possible to give an answer to that.

Does anyone at least understand what I'm saying? Its incredibly confusing to me, I don't even fully understand what I am thinking, so its kind of hard to type it out.

2. I think the reason suicide bombers get a bad rap is they usually target civilians. There's nothing ignoble about the act itself as far as I can tell.

3. Reality is nothing but perspective, how individuals interpret the information they are given. Like the example you gave about basketball you like it, but I don't. Does this make either of us wrong? Suicide bombers may think that the people they are killing are evil or infidels or whatever, but do the people that are killed think that about themselves? Right and wrong are just poetic words.

4. The words right and wrong are one of our many attempts to box up reality in to something easily digestible. Things are much more complicated, you'll kill yourself thinking about it.

In the end, they're just words, and will always fall short.

5. Whoa.

6. In their eyes the victims are the scum of the Earth. In the victim's eyes they are the scum of the Earth.
    People will hardly ever do something completely unjust in their own perspective.
    Tangible and intangible reality is subjective to the individual , it always will be. Reality is filtered by our five senses. How can you even be sure that what you perceive is reality ? To attain objective perception would be to completely dissociate from any form of human mental processors. OR , to be omnipotent and experience life from everyone's eyes.
    The latter is obviously irrational to attempt , while the former would result in lack of consciousness , or thought; thus rendering us unable to put objective perception to usage.
    We may not be able to experience ordinary life from a multi-perspective point of view , but just trying to interpret situations in a non-linear manner will save you alot of pondering.

7. Yes! I totally think I know what you mean. Like, if you think about your mind completely erased and then restored with all the data of anothers persons brain. You have no choice except to be absolutely what you are. So in this...nothing can be wrong or right. They are just two, too small words, that cannot cotain the capacity of what they really mean. You get it?