Personality Test Results

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Streetsaint, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ISTJ here...or INTJ...fuck if I remember

2. My school does this too, I took the survey once and I don't remember what the score was but it was pretty much all right

3. Haha these are assessments not tests...they aren't "scored" for correctness hehe :p do u mean that u were happy with the accuracy of the personality type it spit out?

4. I think personality tests reveal more about how we perceive ourselves than how the world around us really perceives us.

You can tell people you're the nicest guy, but if everybody around you thinks you're a jerk then who is right? (just an example)

5. Well the tests assume that it is in the best interest of ur own self exploration to answer completely honestly....i mean if ur just gonna draw ur self conception entirely from what u think about urself..ull get skewed results. Im sure some people do that, but i don't doubt most people actually think about it and try to answer honestly.

6. If we are the ones who are answering, then how can the test not be biased?

Even if we are trying to answer honestly, we still can't asses ourselves in an objective manner.

The only way that personality tests could really be truly accurate is if the test measured how we react to certain situations and then placed our actions within a spectrum. Sitting down and answering questions on a piece of paper is one thing, but actually reacting to events in real life is the real deal. Or what we could do is have multiple people answer the test from a third-person perspective and then average the scores, but even that test would be biased depending on our relationship with the person and how well we know them......

7. Well I think this assumes that everyone WANTS a genuine evaluation of their personality.....obviously bias is present in anything but proper self-conception is drawn from life experience/social interaction so people wouldn't just be putting down what they think about themselves. If they were to answer totally honestly they would think about what people have told them in life/how they actually respond to life situations/have responded to them in the past. I see what ur saying but as this is for people by people, I'm sure their thought process includes their history of responses to real life situations. At least mine did.

8. I didn't take his economics class but I did take his history and he administered that test