Personality Test Results

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Streetsaint, Aug 1, 2012.

1. #1 Streetsaint, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Good evening blades! So, I'm not entirely sure why anyone would give a fuck, but my school signed us all up for this program called Naviance which was supposed to help "guide us" and shit through senior year/college planning. Anyways, it includes a pretty extensive personality test. I decided to take it, obviously not expecting much. It really fucking surprised me. Epic. The results are basically me in a nutshell. Thought I'd post them here in SL&R just to see how many people could mesh with/befriend/date this kind of personality. If anyone else has personality test results they want to post/describe, that'd be cool too! I bet MY personality is bigger :rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p

Personality Type:\tISFJ
    You described your profile as:\tVery Accurate

Your final personality score is determined by additional factors that may not be represented on this graph.

Introduction

Of the many factors that contribute to a successful future, an understanding of Personality Type is among the most useful.

While interests and skills change during the course of a person's life, the one thing that does remain constant is an individual's Personality Type - the innate way each person naturally prefers to see the world and make decisions. And although all individuals are unique, people of the same type share enormous similarities in the kinds of academic subjects and careers they find interesting, and the kind of work they find satisfying.

By understanding the role Personality Type plays, people can gain important insights into their educational, career, and relationship needs. And because people of different types often communicate in very different ways, counselors and teachers can learn which strategies work most effectively with each individual student.

Understanding you, Artem

People like you are quiet, gentle, and caring. When people first meet you you may seem reserved and cool. But once you get to know and care about someone, you are warm and very loyal. You tend to be cautious about jumping into social activities and may resist trying new experiences. Instead, you like spending time with one or two close, trusted friends or spending time alone, enjoying the things that really interest you. You are considerate, respectful, and sensitive, and usually find tension or conflict between people very uncomfortable. Since you have strong beliefs about right and wrong and try to always treat other people kindly, you may be easily hurt or offended by the insensitivity or callousness of others.

You are also unpretentious and down-to-earth. You speak clearly and literally, and want others to be equally explicit in explaining directions or stating their expectations of you. You tend to be selective about things like food and clothing, are usually tidy and organized, and prefer to be dressed appropriately for all occasions. You're also careful with your money and possessions. You are probably blessed with an excellent memory for details, especially facts about people, but may find it hard to read between the lines or deal with a lot of abstractions. Since you like to make a decision and stick with it, you are often annoyed when plans are changed suddenly. You're not a big risk taker and are happiest with a predictable daily routine. While you want to please the people close to you, you are rarely willing to compromise on really important issues.

Note: Based on our assessment, your personality type is "ISFJ."

Your Strengths and Blindspots
    Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. The key to finding the best path for all people is by using their natural strengths and becoming aware of their natural blindspots.

Your strengths may include:

Thoroughly researching information and collecting relevant facts.
    Making thoughtful decisions based on practical considerations.
    Conducting organized, well-planned out research.
    Impressing people that you are a hard-working, ethical, conscientious, person.
    Being a good listener and not dominating the conversation.

Your blindspots may include:

Being too humble, and not presenting your accomplishments in the best light.
    Appearing to be less enthusiastic than you may really be.
    Not being open to explore possibilities that don't fit your current plan.
    Not anticipating how present decisions may affect you in the future.
    Lacking objectivity when making important decisions.

For a career to be satisfying for you, it should:

Allow you to use your talent for being accurate and remembering facts and details.
    Let you work on tangible projects that help other people in some way.
    Let you work behind the scenes, and not require lots of public interaction.
    Is done in a stable, calm, and predictable environment.
    Make good use of your conscientiousness and sound common sense.
    Have clearly stated expectations and goals.
    Let you focus your energy on one project at a time.
    Give you plenty of time and space to do your work uninterrupted.

Your Preferred Learning Style:
    While ALL individuals are unique, people of the same type often learn best in similar ways. The following summarizes what you need in order to maximize learning.

Allow you plenty of time to reflect and prepare thoroughly.
    Give you the option of working alone or with small groups.
    Provide a predictable structure, clear expectations, and explicit instructions.
    Cite real examples and stress the practical application of learning.
    Provide a friendly, supportive, tension-free learning environment.
    Reward you for accuracy, thoroughness, and conscientiousness.

2. dude, we are identical. what gives?

3. Long lost TWINZ?! :eek::eek::eek:

Edit: I wonder how far the similarities will go.....what kind of music do u like? Tell me shit about urself

4. I'm an ESTJ

5. Dude what is that? I understand that its some kind of organizational system, but is it developed and used exclusively by Naviance, or is there some actual broader personality-scale thing im missing?

6. Trying being an INTJ - it's not easy: INTJ Profile I'm also called the 'Rational Mastermind' muah hahahahaha :p I used to always ponder why I was cold and reserved - never really letting my emotions sway my decisions.

I'm naturally impassive, and perturbed by most "SJ" types because we seek entirely different themes in life, it's nothing personal - and in fact sometimes these types can show me sufficiently I'm taking a subject too seriously, or applying too much logic and not enough emotional support with interpersonal situations. I'm a rational who seeks knowledge, 'SJ' types go for security, NF types seek identity, and SP's goes for sensation: The Four Temperaments

I'm given to analyze if you can't tell :smoke:

7. Ahhhh so it looks this is a widely accepted temperament organizational structure....thanks bro. I have analysis skills myself, pretty rational as well. Also stubborn as balls though, and I can be compassionate to people and aware of their feelings.

8. #8 Streetsaint, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    Dude wow....i just read about my personality type ISFG on typelogic and these results are a lot closer to me than what im reading there.....a LOT of ISFG doesnt apply to me as per typelogic...im thinking I might be part that and part rationally-minded

Edit: I think I found myself.....the personlity test wasnt too far off....i think I am possessed of an INFJ personality.

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging:

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

9. #9 MrThoughtCrime, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    I've found after taking quite a bit of psych. no doctrine or intellectual tool or theory is 100% clear in absolutes, or free from professional criticism.

Not everyone fits the exact mold of their Meyer-Briggs profile either, esp. if you're still developing/young. Just because your test says you're a 'feeler' doesn't mean you can't use your thinking side, it's just inferior in function. For some people, I think actual letters can change from inferior to superior over time and circumstance.

I've done a lot of IQ/Psych. exams in my life because I'm the strange mix of ADHD and a high IQ. The combination of my traits hasn't exactly won the hearts of authority figures throughout my life, but I digress. I prefer the Meyer-Briggs to the MMPI assessment or something like similar which probably has more acceptance from academia. That exam left me vexed by it's tremendous length and repetitive questions - somewhere between the ages 12-14 I skewed the results of the first MMPI I took because I felt annoyed and insulted :p

Here's a Meyer-Briggs exam for anyone who ventures into the thread and is curious - takes about 10 minutes: Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

:smoke:

10. ENFJ
    Extravert(11%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(75%) Judging(1%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (75%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.
    TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"
    This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!<<<<<<THIS IS SO ME!!!!

Functional Analysis:
    Extraverted Feeling
    Extraverted Feeling rules the ENFJ's psyche. In the sway of this rational function, these folks are predisposed to closure in matters pertaining to people, and especially on behalf of their beloved. As extraverts, their contacts are wide ranging. Face-to-face relationships are intense, personable and warm, though they may be so infrequently achieved that intimate friendships are rare.
    Introverted iNtuition
    Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements.

The dynamic nature of their intuition moves ENFJs from one project to another with the assurance that the next one will be perfect, or much more nearly so than the last. ENFJs are continually looking for newer and better solutions to benefit their extensive family, staff, or organization.
    Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.
    Introverted Thinking
    Introverted Thinking is least apparent and most enigmatic in this type. In fact, it often appears only when summoned by Feeling. At times only in jest, but in earnest if need be, Thinking entertains as logical only those conclusions which support Feeling's values. Other scenarios can be shown invalid or at best significantly inferior. Such "Thinking in the service of Feeling" has the appearance of logic, but somehow it never quite adds up.

Introverted Thinking is frequently the focus of the spiritual quest of ENFJs. David's lengthiest psalm, 119, pays it homage. "Law," "precept," "commandment," "statute:" these essences of inner thinking are the mysteries of Deity for which this great Feeler's soul searched.
    Famous ENFJs:
    David, King of Israel
    U.S. Presidents:
    Abraham Lincoln
    Ronald Reagan
    Barack Obama

William Cullen Bryant, poet
    Abraham Maslow, psychologist and proponent of self-actualization
    Ross Perot
    Sean Connery
    Elizabeth Dole
    Francois Mitterand
    Dick Van Dyke
    Andy Griffith
    James Garner
    William Aramony, former president of United Way
    Gene Hackman (Superman, Antz)
    Dennis Hopper (Speed)
    Brenda Vaccaro
    Craig T. Nelson (Coach)
    Diane Sawyer (Good Morning America)
    Randy Quaid (Bye Bye, Love; Independence Day)
    Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive)
    Kirstie Alley ("Cheers," Look Who's Talking movies)
    Michael Jordan, NBA basketball player
    Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Oprah Winfrey
    Bob Saget America's Funniest Home Videos, Full House
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Seinfeld")
    Ben Stiller (The Royal Tenenbaums)
    Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts quarterback
    Matthew McConaughey (The Wedding Planner)
    Pete Sampras, Tennis Champion
    Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls")
    Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears)
    John Cusack (High Fidelity)
    Fictional ENFJs:
    Joe Hackett, Wings

11. Those tests are full of shit dude I remember doing those in high school.

12. The Mechanic (ISTP)

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Jungian functional preference ordering:

Dominant: Introverted Thinking
    Auxiliary: Extraverted Sensing
    Tertiary: Introverted Intuition
    Inferior: Extraverted Feeling

13. The Thinker

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.

The INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion, which will interfere with their creative potential. Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical. If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately.

For the INTP, it is extremely important that ideas and facts are expressed correctly and succinctly. They are likely to express themselves in what they believe to be absolute truths. Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others. The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing. It's important that the INTP place importance on expressing their developed theories in understandable ways. In the end, an amazing discovery means nothing if you are the only person who understands it.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways. Consequently, a lot of scientific breakthroughs in the world have been made by the INTP.

The INTP is at his best when he can work on his theories independently. When given an environment which supports his creative genius and possible eccentricity, the INTP can accomplish truly remarkable things. These are the pioneers of new thoughts in our society.

Jungian functional preference ordering:

Dominant: Introverted Thinking
    Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition
    Tertiary: Introverted Sensing
    Inferior: Extraverted Feeling

I have gotten this one as well. It's more accurate.

14. this is what i've scored on multiple myers-briggs tests.

weird. in pj's economics class (did you take that class?) we took a very in depth test and i was the only person in the room to score INTP. it's supposedly a rare personality type but here in our fair City, there are lots of us INTP's.

15. Influence of Cannabis on Personality...../thread, /study??? :):hello:

16. I took that test on type logic... I'm the INFJ personality.

INFJ Profile

I think it fits me pretty well. Id say its pretty much spot on. And the careers that go with that personality type are all things that I'm interested in and have thought about doing as a career. Hmmm pretty interesting.

17. Intp, pretty close to describing me.

18. I'm an ISFJ... Sounds pretty relevant to me.

ISFJ Profile

19. Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(25%) iNtuitive Thinking(75%) Perceiving(6)%

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (6%)

I guess this seems right. My favorite part is how I'm neither introvert nor extrovert, but dead center. The most accurate is probably thinking over feeling. Rationality > Emotional decision making

20. #20 xXMelkorXx, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Well.. I don't ever remember what tests I ever went through but I remember going to lots of psychiatrists and remember reading my mothers copy when I was younger

Classic Narrcisst and likely sociopath showing clear signs of anti social and anti authority patterns

Patient shows an obvious attempt to hide and manipulate people to his own ends.
    Patient is in a obvious manic state of mind and will lead to self medicating addictive behaviors and sexual promiscuity.

Will have a hard time making friends simply from arrogance however will display fierce loyalty for those that do display a social anchor and template for acceptable moral behavior and will need a positive role model active in adolescence

I definitely Am not a sociopath..I just think I developed a very poor moral compass and social understanding growing up..I was very selfish and arrogant and got what I desire trough guile and manipulation or brute strength

Took a while but found a decent enough law to live by

I love and care..but I hate and hurt

I'm happy how I am..I may be a arrogant asshole who parties too much and doesn't accept any normal social behavior or any authority over me..I may have some anger in me but I also love deep down

I can be a decent person