Personal Project - First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joe smith, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Hello all,

I have finally begun to grow my first plant. I do need some advice. I have a LED Hydroponic Plant Grow Light Panel 14w TRI-BAND. It seems to be working great. I've only had the plant under the light for one week and it already has grown 7-8 inches.

I have uploaded a picture of it.

I keep the panel over the plant for 12/12

Please help with any advise. Any tips on how the plant can grow as a female?

I have the plant in a bucket wrapped in tin foil, with the topped closed off by the panel.

I just have a small plant i want for my personal satisfaction. Any tips will greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. You need some drainage. Soaked soil will only lead to yellow leaves and problems. Get your light closer if you can it looks a bit long. You want 24 hr light schedule for now, it will grow much fast and stronger. 12/12 is quite a ways away for you. LEDs have low heat output so get the light right up in there.

Unless you got feminized seeds... its all by chance. Punnett Squares give our MJ plants at 25% chance of being female. I ALWAYS grow 6 or more to pretty much insure 1-2 females, but you may not have the resources to do the same.

Other then thos few things it looking just like it should.

3. looks small and stretched, try putting cfl light closer

4. I definitely would suggest putting it in a darker pot clear plastic is not good as it exposes the roots to light also cup looks a bit small. Also you need to start off with a photoperiod of 18/6 or 24/0 for vegging. The light needs to be placed close as it has stretched. The chance of it being a female is 50/50 with seeds unless they are feminized. Also tin foil is not that best to use for reflective purposes because it attracts heat. Hope this helps and best of luck :)