personal plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokin-n-tokin, Dec 12, 2008.

1. i want to grow one plant that i can smoke off. where should i start, how would some one else do this

2. Start by reading all the stickies. I have one called "read before posting" that has some great links.

3. You should start by doing some research. There are lots of resources on this site and all over the Internet and bookstores.

If you want, you can start with Grandpa's Grow Guide. It's a sticky in this section. It covers the basics. Then come back with some specific questions.

Good luck.

4. Beat me to it as usual. How many words a minute do you type anyway? ;)

5. Lol, I have no idea, but its fairly fast.

6. Well done - never got past two fingers myself.

7. I think I am a little to verbose sometimes too. I am going to have to stop that. Then I will start beating you to the punch. ;)

8. I'm doing it right now, see my grow journal - http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/301097-one-plant-my-closet-flower-cfl-bagseed-pics.html

Basically, I went to Kmart and got:
    1 42 watt soft white CFL - $12
    1 23 watt daylight CFL - $4
    1 bag of miracle grow potting soil - $5
    1 box of miracle grow tomato plant food - $5
    1 box of miracle grow bloom booster plant food - $5
    1 flower pot - $1
    1 24 hour light timer - $6
    I then went to stop n shop and got a small bottle of molasses - $3
    Total = $41

You will also need something to put the bulbs in, I had two desk lamps around my house I used. Depending on your setup, you will either need a grow box, a closet, or just a corner in your room. Oh yeah, and a seed. If you're only gonna grow one plant, get some bananas and put them in the flower pot to make the chances of a female higher (not quite proven but I and many others have had very successful turnouts with them)