personal motivation!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by dimepost9420, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Hey people, just had the urge to get up off my ass and start working out again. my only problem is that i know in 3-4 days il lose it and get lazy again. how can i keep myself motivated and off the couch? fitting workout time into my day because i work almost full time (30+ hours a week) and go to an "accelerated" collage where they fit 15 weeks worth of work into 10 weeks.

How do you think i should handle this? i dont wanna sacrifice sleep. i neeed my 8 hours or i cant function at all. Any suggestions?

2. id like to know as well. ive lost 40lbs in the past 5 weeks but now im just sort of chilling at my new weight but is till have another 30 at least. im starting to fall back into my old habits too. i fear that ive become too comfortable at this weight (id say its probably my middle school weight) and thats stopped me from trying anymore. i didnt even realize i lost the weight till i was 25 down.

3. Make working out become a habit. If you develop it into a habit, it becomes ingrained.

Write down a list of reasons and keep it somewhere you can see it everyday.

All you need is an hour a day.

4. kettle bells and battle ropes you can do it while you watch the tube or not and there are certain supplements i can not discuss here that are not narcotics but the site is touchy about that type a deal do some research do what works best for you and something that you can stick with after a while it's habit and your brain starts rewarding you for doing it and you feel guilty when you don't. It probably won;t make you a juice head yoked out gorilla but you will be healthy and strong like bull!

5. Setting goals is a sure fire way to keep motivated.

6. Work out with a partner, or as soon as you wake up get on some jogging gear and hit the pavement.

When you do this it normally takes five or so minutes into your run to realize how much it sucks and you have to go at least another five back to your house ^_^

7. What helps me is if I'm registered for an upcoming event or season of something.

If I know I'll have to perform, it makes me want to get out and practice, so I do that instead of sitting on the couch.

8. [quote name='"KillerKush"']Work out with a partner, or as soon as you wake up get on some jogging gear and hit the pavement.

When you do this it normally takes five or so minutes into your run to realize how much it sucks and you have to go at least another five back to your house ^_^[/quote]

I've tried getting a workout partner a few times, my friends eaither live too far away or our schedules don't match up. I'm trying to get my girlfriend into fitness, however she has a lung condition that stops her from pushing herself too hard.

Thanks for the ideas blades, this thread itself might just do the trick.

9. It's a switch you need to flip mentally. Once i think i should exercise I like to imagine a tech instructor yelling at me, breaking me down to go on a run and really push myself. Once you get 5-10 mins of workout you'll say fuck it and finish the workout, and if you can stick with it for a few weeks it'll become habit. But most importantly you need to be able to mentally FORCE yourself to exercise. It's definitely not easy getting to that point though.

10. Bicycle to work.

I am 21 years old (never owned a car) and used to bicycle 15 miles to work.

There are dedicated riders in Alaska, if you want it, make it.

11. Also maybe have someone that motivates you? Put up some pictures of fit people, and write your goals down and put them on your door. Every time you walk out the door you can see pics of what you 'want', your goals, and maybe even reasons why you are trying to get in shape to begin with.

12. If you Have to HAVE someone else to motivate you or workout with you then you don't want it enough. But at least your trying.

Football is my motivation. I sound like a jock when i say that :p

I've had 3 shitty college seasons due to injuries and what not and I have 1 more year left so I am going as hard as I can. I want to finally have that breakout season I've longed for.

13. Just remember if you are a shredded cunt you can get away with anything.