personal garden grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RC420, Oct 11, 2014.

1. #1 RC420, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
    What's up fellow blades! This is my second run at an indoor grow. I've grown some low grade outdoor for fun and had a nice indoor run but was cut 5 weeks into flowering.. so it's been been a while but I'm giving it another go. So far I have 2 blue dream teens 8-10" in 3 gal pots. Got them as clones a little over a week ago so growth is going good so far. I had some yellowing and curling of the tips but it subsided within a few days. As far as equipment goes I have

3x3x5'9 sunhut blackout tent
    250w hh
    250w hps
    Vermisoil
    Gh rapid start
    Mad farmer NUTS
    RO water

My current light cycle is 18/6 to save electricity but I'm thinking of going 24/0 to for a week and then straight Into flowering.

Another thought I had was to add 2 more plants since I have a lot of extra room but I don't know how it would turn out during flowering.

I'm looking to learn from this grow so any comments/criticism constructive or otherwise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Pics will be up as soon as I can figure out how to upload them

3. 20141009_183722.jpg 20141009_183714.jpg 20141009_183707.jpg 20141009_183756.jpg 20141009_183728.jpg

It was just the mobile layout that got me..

4. Don't give mad farmers nuts. In sure the nutes are ok tho. Actually I would say to grow organically but since you are new then just go easy on the mad farmer. It's potent stuff. Half your dosages to start.

Sometimes I actually miss using bottled nutes. All that time I spent playing with milliliters and ph balancing and stirring and testing and what not. Ahhh, newbies...

5. Look. Not gonna be a dick right now. Gonna be real with you. Ditch those bottles of shit that you have no idea whats in them. Get you some quality earthworm castings and kelp meal. Top dress that around the plants and water it in. Do that and those girls will perk right up. Then swing over to the organics thread and do some higher learning (pun intemded).

6. I tossed these outside (in Nor Cal) in early August in some organic soil. They were barely rooted clones at the time, about 4" tall. They immediately went into flower. All I ever did was take my hose and pour water in them when they needed it. Boom.

Attached Files:

7. Hey thanks for the heads up, I didn't feel too comfortable about the inorganic nutes anyway. I'm on a budget atm so I'm piecing the whole set up together and my local hydro shop compd the soil and nutes to get me started but I'm going to get on the castings and kelp right away. Ill keep the bottles for a rainy day. Those girls look awesome btw.

8. no, I would not add more plants. 250w is about perfect for two plants. Once you know what you are doing, two plants when fully mature can easily take up 3x3 worth of space. And in my opinion, 250w just doesn't have enough coverage for more than two plants.

9. Thanks for the reply. I'll keep it at 2 and work with it. Any ideas on how to maximize the light and space? I know fimming and topping will make it branch out but how do I fill it up? Sorry if this is an ignorant question

10. I've decided going to super crop to be more space effective. I plan on going 12/12 in about a week when the branches have healed and I know their direction.

11. Some pics from the 1st super cropping. They bounced back within a few hours but I've ran into some problems with one of them. One seemed to take off with growth right away while the other is looking lime green and slumping at the top. The day after super cropping I watered and decided to add some n.u.t.s. to the kelp and fish food so I'm guessing this is the consequence of using too much bottled nutes.. I'll have pics of it up tonight

12. Here are some pics of today and the sick plant

20141018_235130.jpg 20141018_235136.jpg 20141018_235144.jpg 20141018_235150.jpg

13. It's been a little while since the last update but for good reasons! First and most important the blue dream are almost back to normal. I'm pretty sure they had nute lock because 2 weeks of straight RO water cleared them right up. I'm letting a friend veg one to get it huge so I replaced it with 2 alien og teens. I'm not going to top or crop these, just gonna let them do their thing. I've also started some seedlings I got in a random sack from the dispensary for fun. I sprouted 3 so hopefully 1 will be female.

I have an important question. Since I live in southern ca and the temp is going to stay in the 50th to high 40' through November I was thinking about green housing the blue dream and using the sun to flower it to give the alien more room to grow. I know the uvb isn't as strong but I'm thinking it has to be way better than my 250w hps right? 5 his would also allow me to super crop it one more time before flowering so I can get an even larger yield. Any help is appreciated, tanks.

14. So again its been a little while since the last update and a lot has changed. I got 2 alien og clones that were doing awesome until over night everything turned yellow and necrotic and growth came to a screeching halt. It turned out what I thought was nute lockout was actually spider mites eating my ladies alive. After a few days of lure kapow I'm happy to say the ladies have perked up after 3 weeks of sickness and have gained a lot of their color back. I put them on a 12/12 schedule 4 days ago and switched to HPS and it's looking good so far.

Attached Files:

15. Today us ny Bday so just a quick update for now. The blue dream is growing about 1/2" a day (from speculation no actual measurements taken) and the flowers are coming though nicely. I'm using heavy16 bud a and b but I've only given them one watering so well see how they accept it. The alien is slow growing and flowering but both are coming in at a steady rate

Attached Files:

16. The ladies are coming through.. they got hit by spider mites again and slowed the growth but I started hitting them with pure kapow every 2 days and they bounced back after 4-5 days. Buds are filling in slowly but looking good. I'm joking to get a half of each plant but I think I'm being optimistic..

how bad is it to use organic spider mite insecticide during flower? should I be rinsing them with water after?

17. Pics

Attached Files:

18. Looking good, how long have they been in flower for?
    If not organic switch to botonicare or foxfarm nutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum