Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Persisting effects after smoking?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JRSarc, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Hello, all. For the past four days I've been dealing with very messed up sense of touch. This normally happens whenever I smoke a lot. My skin (especially hands) feels very tingly and sometimes painful whenever I touch something. The problem is that this symptom is not abating. I smoked quite a bit six days ago (at least for me; 3 bowls and hotknived some hash), then did the same thing the next day. The following day I remember waking up and immediately noticing that everything I touched felt painful just like when I would smoke more than I'm comfortable with. I've cut back on smoking for the past 48 hours with the exception of some second hand hash smoke, but no concrete changes so far.

Can anyone offer insight into this? Has this happened to other people before? I really hope this is just from smoking and not something else...

Thanks in advance.

2. this is your brain on drugs people...... lol ok I have had that in my joints where its painful to move them and so I just lay on my bed...or walk cause that sometimes eases the minor pain. It goes away within 2 days of smoking for me. If its been 2 days go to the doctor they are the only ones who really know how to treat you

EDIT: go to the doctor if its been six days!!!!!!!!!!

3. Sounds like a really intense body buzz that just wont go away. I used to get that when i first started smoking, but i never thought of it as pain. But im a huge indica fan so for me, body buzz is the shit.

4. Yeah I usually don't mind it that much. But the buzz is even in my mouth and because of that I can't feel the food or liquid very well and so sometimes it just falls out :(

5. Go to your doctor and get that shit checked out, for all you know it might not be the mary j. That sounds pretty severe to me man. Keep it real and easy.

6. dude that doesnt even sound like a normal effect to me! touching things becomes painful? It always enhances my senses including my sense of touch, but never so much that it hurts. thats weird

7. See a doctor, if you can't feel things in your mouth then wtf...

8. well my mouth and most of my body (minus hands and face) feel close to normal. I'm scheduled to see a Dr. on Monday anyways though. But yeah the affected regions still feel like they're on an eights of shrooms :/.

I was really hoping this was more common and I'd get a "yeah that can happen when you smoke too much, especially when you don't have experience smoking that much at once" reply, but oh well :) Thanks for the replies so far. Further input would be appreciated too.

9. Go see your Dr. If the GC people have never heard of it lasting this long.. it's probably good that you have that appointment. Don't mention the fact that you smoke. Let the Dr. figure out what is wrong.

10. Sounds like an allergic reaction. I would recommend you not smoke as the risk of angeodema is significant. At least until you have an epinephrine shot in close range. Your nervous system is obviously suffering a shock of some sort. There's no way for me to tell for sure but it sounds like an autoimmune response to something... Maybe pot... Maybe not. Remember, people aren't necessarily born with allergies. They can develop them. See your doctor as soon as possible. At the very least you might be able to get some percocet out of the deal. Nevertheless see your doctor asap.

11. That sucks, sounds like you're allergic to weed, like n3r0 said... I have met people who are, but it's never manifested itself in that way, it's usually like hay fever on steroids..

12. Yeah I'm fearing I might be allergic to THC, although the skin buzz seems to be the only symptom in my case, assuming that is the case. As for the percocet thing, is that something that could actually help? (sorry--I'm pretty ignorant on topics like that.)

13. it happenned to me a long time ago, but only lasted a short ime (like 4 hours) so if i was you i'd get checked out if it lasts weeks

14. Wow, I've never experienced that, see the doc.:eek:

15. Well I decided to skip the doc since I've been feeling better. All I can feel now is a very slight tingle in my hands, and given the rate of things, that will probably be gone by later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all your help guys.

16. As soon as I saw this I knew...

I'm not quite sure if what we had were similar...but the first time I got REALLY high (way back in high school when I started smoking) the high (body high) stayed with me for a couple days afterwards! It wasn't as intense as getting high of course, but I felt the tingle of my hands and such, I couldn't even feel my hands when I put them in my pocket and stuff.

I duno, it was wierd, but I didn't care really, went away and never happened again. Your fine my man.