Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Perscription Drugs and MJ

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by spectrum, May 27, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,

I just was diagnosed with ADHD Inattentive type, and was prescribed Concerta. Starting dose is around 18mg and going up to 36mg.

I was wondering does anyone here smoke and is prescribed Concerta. I've done some research making sure it won't kill me and I saw that you get much higher, but a bigger crash.

I think I have more of a tolerance for weed than my friends just because I do have ADHD, and thats what I have heard from other people who smoke and have ADHD.

What are your experiences or opinions. Should I quit smoking because it might be dangerous, or should I just smoke with caution?

Thank you all in advance!

2. You're fine. Marijuana does not do the same thing to people that most other drugs do. It's not a stimulant or a depressant in the sense that it really effects your body (in the same way drugs like concerta effect it, that is).

Basically, don't worry about it. :hello:

3. I also am prescribed Concerta. Zero risk using them together. If you pop some extra concertas and blaze, it changes your high and definitly makes the high feel more focused, but we're talking in the 54-72 mg range. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.