Perplexed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by michganman, Sep 19, 2020.

1. I had some old seeds from some plants I bred a few years ago and wanted to find a certain phenotype thats really mango pineapple. I just threw them straight into 12/12 from seed to find it and was gonna reveg it once I found it and make it a mother. The issue Im having is that theres a few plants that are just burnt up without even having a single dose of fertilizer. They are in roots 707 with no extra additives. Its not a hot soil and all other plants are showing no symptoms and are healthy. Im using tap water ph'ed to mid 6. Ive checked my meter accuracy and its on. I just dont get it. Makes no sense why just these few are fucked. They have been under a h.o. t5 until now but today im switching on the hps. Temps are a little high in the tent but not enough to cause these issues. Any ideas whats up? Shitty phone, shitty pics. 20200919_102519.jpg 20200919_102527.jpg 20200919_102533.jpg 20200919_102541.jpg 20200919_102538.jpg 20200919_102552.jpg

2. 707 can be hot. My friend tried it once and it was time releasing stuff. Had his ppms all over

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weird. Ive never had a problem before. Thanks man. It was my first thought but then I was like nahhhhh, I have never burnt a seedling in it before and googled it and couldnt find where others had issues with it. Ive trashed like 15 males from that tent in the last week and those were all perfect, of course its only females that have burnt up lol.

4. Do u have some non used left? Water it and do a slurry. See what the ph does too

5. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

6. I do have some soil left, the problem I guess is I have no ppm meter. I have not needed one in the last 8 years or so since i have been organic. In fact the last time i used roots was about 8 years ago and have only used my own organic soil outdoors. Im not use to growing indoors anymore. Its weird for me to even ph anything. I bought my ph meter to check the water because i just moved into an apartment while im searching for a new house. I hadnt used one of those in 8 years either. I will do a slurry and check ph, and next time im in town ill pick up a ppm meter. I hate growing indoors haha. Outdoors nature just takes care everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well it was the best thing ever taught to me by my sensai!! Paulie73. He is from ur neck of the woods. U will always know where u are. And the kicker. If i keep the girls in a feeding zone. Like 200-500 ppms everytime u check. Ur bud will be loud! Just passing down the love. He is actually playing with Detroit nutrient water only soils. He is just adding a little nectar products in to a water here and there. He grows fire