Perpetual sog setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chamonix, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hello blades. Been a while since I postet but now I am getting hack into growing and instead of read hundreds of posts of information and cobbling together some half assed planI wantded to ask the community.

I have a stealth prefab grow box that works fine as a mother chamber. I wanted to build a new flowering area. I have 2x2x6 space available next to my veg cab. I was thinking of building two 2x2x3 boxes. This should give me enough area to have 8-10 plants per level making a perpetual harvest possible.

I was wondering how many light per flower cab (cfls are preferred because of heat issues) but I am open to the idea of HPS lights. Would two 200 watt hps grow lights be sufficient for all those plants if supplemented with a few smaller cfls? Any input is gretly appreciated.

2. In a 2x2 space at least in most parts of where I live HPS could get pretty hot. Unless you have real good venting. I would go CFL in that small of a space unless you believe you can work around the heat issue. If you got a cool tube etc.. that air flows through the bulb but not into you enclosure then a HID could be used but you need to invest in the proper venting. Cloning is better with CFL by the way as well as small plants getting out of the clone stage. So you could have both CFL and HID. Clones do not like heat so CFL ok. CFL clone - CFL Veg - HID flower .. or CFL - HID - HID Have fun