Perpetual grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Scottish, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Hi GC,
    I have quite a large attic grow ( 36m2 and going great ), but I want to set up else where so I can have a crop every 8-9 weeks.
    I have earmarked a space in a cupboard upstairs, 2m x 2m x 2m, and was wondering what would be a low-cost and effective way to go about it. Ideally I would like 8-10 plants??
    I use pots and a Coco/pebble mix.
    Any help would be appreciated

2. Anybody??

3. then use your cupboard as a veg room with the correct light range for vegging, when those vegging plants reach roughly half of the maximum amount of space you can use, then bring them up to your attic where your flowering room is (again with the correct lighting), if you calculate the timing correctly then you need to put a new batch to veg whilst the first flowers. like that by the time youre first batch finishes youre ready to put your second one in to flower straight away. conitnue the process by putting the third batch to veg.

to save on cost of seeds you can by one or two of your favourite strains (s) and set up a mother room under 24hr light (correct me if im wrong somebody im not too sure about this part of the perpetual growing system) where you can then take clones i believe every 2-3 weeks depending on strain. you can train the motherplant into a bonzai so to restrict the amount of space it needs (theres an excellent guide by micrgrow420 i think on this very forum.)

um... i think i forgot a couple details but that should get you started. any other questions feel free to ask, but as others will say and have already said, its all over the internet, check out some other growers journals to get a grasp of how they manage time, space, and lighting as well as harvesting with their perpetual grows. youll learn a lot more than anything i could ever write, hope this somewhat helps! peace.

4. Thanks for getting back to me,
    I'm in the middle of framing out my veg space as we speak.
    I've not got the space really for a mother plant so I will just be buying rooted clones from a reliable source when needed.
    What kind of light would be best, I was thinking 250w or 400w MH (blue spectrum), and what kind of exhaust for a space of this size?
    Ta

5. well ill be setting up my perpetual grow in 2 years time so i havent got all the details down, im just reading and trynig to get as much knowledge as i can, so sorry but im not sure i can help much with the exhaust.

a good rule to follow for lighting is 100w per plant. of course the more the better, especially if you have a large space considering the more watts, the more grams! so if you overkill on lights then youll overkill on yield, which is always good if you see what i mean! i dont know what youre growing for but if its personal consumption im sure youd be happier with a couple pounds then a couple ounces, am i right?

the luxury of clones is a nice one to have, i hadent thought of that so your lucky on that front!

another thing with the lights, no matter what try to keep it uner 3000w total because then things start to get a bit suspicious. i read that MH is better for veg, and HPS is better for flowering, just make sure you can take care of heat issues with HPS bulbs.

how many plants are you planning on growing?

6. Well I'm week 3 of flower in my second crop of bubblegum. I'll be looking to have 8-10 on the go in each room and would be happy with a yield of 2-3oz per plant.
    My attic set-up is pretty much spot on (3 x 600HPS) so it's just a small veg room I'm looking to do

7. then youre all set, sorry i was under the impressino you had nothing set up yet and were looking for pointers, my bad! i kinda feel like an idiot now haha but its all good! just follow some growers jounrals and you should be golden

8. Sorry, I'll put it a different way.
    Can anyone give me a list of all the stuff I'll need to veg in a 2m x 2m space and how many plants I could fit?
    Cost isn't really an factor as if I need to buy something I'll buy it but same as everything, I'd rather spend less rather than more.
    Also I'm in UK so the cfl route is different I think so was thinking either MH or LED?

9. Well I'm shocked. No help from the community. Ta.

10. id just use the 2x2x2 cuboard with fluoros cheap but very good for veg also the cooling of mh lights will nock costs up when a strip of say 4 4foot 6400k lights would take little cooling and a small 4inch fan scrubber too all set to go. my 2 pennies mate.

11. #11 TheGooey, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    Double post

12. #12 TheGooey, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    Ill second goin with flouros! Im running a 6 bulb T8 and it does a pretty decent job for veg. Runs like 196 watts or something. Veg is slow but if your setup perpetual you should be able to work with it. I run 1 gallon pots under it and then have a mother tent with a 600.

Im gonna try transplanting after like 7 weeks under the flouros to 3 gal pots for a week under the 6 and then to flower this round. Im runnin purple arrow which is little indica so I think the extra week under the 6 will help cause it barely stretches in flower.

13. That's brilliant guys!
    Thanks for the input, I'm nearly done with my 2nd grow so the flower period I'm confident but a closet grow is a whole different beast lol
    I'll get the stuff all together and pick your brains some more if that's ok?

Will I need an exhaust fan for air and an oscillator?

14. I have a small oscillating and a xheapo home depot 6 inch duct booster movin pulling air out

ForumRunner_20120717_175412.png

15. Your set up looks EXACTLY what I had in mind. Where did you get your light box and how much if you don't mind?
    Ta.

16. I built the box out of 4x4s and 2x4s and the light my roommate stole from work that was just an extra lying around. Its a 4 foot 6 bulb with 43w daylight bulbs. Its all wrapped in panda plastic.

17. Think my best bet would be to buy something similar lol.
    I'll get hunting the now, thanks for your input mate.
    Ta