Perpetual Grow (lb/14days target) - different strains!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by andrewfng, Nov 15, 2011.

1. #41 andrewfng, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    @Spliffy
    I pinch the stem until I feel like it "pops" and then walaaa. You don't want to open anything, the plant will be prone to diseases. I don't like to stray too far away from Mother Nature ;).

@Lynx
    There's another one on the other side :) Plus, I got 2 exhaust fans... plenty of fresh air :D

2. Hmm... yeah it's time :D. Gonna upgrade to a set up twice as productive. What would my best option be if I wanted to save on cost but get the "best" set up? If you guys have any suggestions on grow equipment, throw it over please!

3. Great thread...subbed. I'm trying to do a perpetual also. I'm constantly taking clones.

4. Well the "best" setup for me would be about 20-30 1kw lights hahaha. How big of a space do you have access too?

5. Right now I think I can push out 2lbs per grow in my 5x5. I would like to be able to put out a total of 4lbs every 2 months with 4 harvests = 1lb every month. I'm looking at double the space and double the light out put right? Ideally I would like to keep my 5x5 instead of getting a 10x5 or whatever, more cost efficient. Just wanted some suggestions before I go crazy.

6. What would be the ideal amount of space with 1000W and 2x600Ws for a flowering tent? :devious:

Fuck it, gonna use the old 5x5 as a vegging room. I wanna play in the big boys league! :wave:

I'll just veg them a little bigger so they fill up the big space a little better. I'll probably be able to compensate for the costs just this grow!

7. As promised boys, better seats!

[​IMG]

8. Hellll yeah Andrew! Can't wait to see what that looks like in flower!

9. def try not to count ur chickens or get ur hopes up. there is a reason for everything that happens...in your position seems that strain selection is most important b/c your ultimate goal being yield...seems last grow, you set your ceiling quite high my friend.

10. Definitely one of the most important tips! My first grow was a fail because I was going for yield and wanted some big ass trees thinking I would get a shitload of bud. Barely got a couple ozs of smokeable bud...

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a higher yield than last time given my extra plants and new set up coming in. Definitely not going to try and top my yield/plant ratio though. I got lucky with that grow and I know it. As long as I can pull 2lbs, which should be a fairly reasonable number, I'll be happy.

Main purpose of this grow was to test out different strains and see the kind of yields I could get. Pretty sure that OG pheno (very likely it's some sort of Bubba Gump or something) is gonna stay in my perpetual for a very long time... everyone seems to love it and it grows like superman.

11. Plants are really filling up this tent lol... Just showing you guys a pic before I throw them into flower later on this week! Going to go with an 8x8 tent with 2x1000WHPS and a 1X400WMH for the new flowering room. Throwing 40 of these babies in and I'll see how much space I have left after the bloom and compensate with more clones.

[​IMG]

12. excellent. staying tuned

13. Never seen this many plants in such a small tent. Subscribed

14. Everything looks great man. Coming together nicely, keep it up!

How do you intend to control your odor situation?
    Carbon filter? Ozone Gen.? Don't giva fuck?

15. This grow is incredibly informative for anybody looking to have a certain yield goal per week. Even though strains differ, it's nice to see your veg length and your yield.

I'm going to keep track of this one!

16. Carbon filter is more than plenty. I used to live in a fairly tight-structured townhouse and there was NO weed smoking there, let alone a grower LOL. I had my tents open 24/7 and just ran a carbon filter. House smelled dank for sure, but no leak outside at all.

17. Honestly, I'm not doing a very good job at tracking and getting everything up to on this detail. (Shame on me!) My other grow (OG Kush), although it was my first real grow would, probably be more informative and accurate for somebody starting off. As soon as I get the perpetual cycle actually going, I promise to have frequent and accurate updates! ;) Thank you for the compliment though! :wave:

18. for your 5x5 tent whats your cfms at? do you ph your plants before watering and the run off?

19. Hope all is well andy, it has been almost a month since you have even logged in.