Perpetual grow help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tlsrcs, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Hello i am pretty new here although i have been reading for a good while. i started my clones mid Feb. everythinng is moving along nicely. i will start a journal as soon as i get a little spare time to gather all the info. I am currently vegging 5 clones. but i am very interested in a perpetual grow. My trouble is i need a little help on how to exacitly set up the timing. as far as when to take new clones when to switch to veg. so on and so on. I am also going more of a SOG route just to be able to harvest more often. so if someone could just help me plan out a decent perpetual grow schedule that would be AWESOME! thank you i look forward to posting here often!

2. Sup man, just finished up my 2nd grow, planning on doing sog as well.

Have 3 mothers at about 1 ft, with 8-12 tops each.

Just put together some super soil, needs a month to 'cook' before I can put plants in it.

I plan to take clones weekly, and eventually harvest weekly.

For many clones I would build a bubble cloner, search coffee can cloner on here, good thread.

3. I'll check out your journal when I get a few min. I am wanting to harvest every 3-4 weeks. I am growing out my biggest clone to ne a mother so ill always have that strain. Dj shorts blueberry. But since I am trying to flower at least 10-15 plants at a time I have a very generous friend that has a couple dozen strains so ill be picking up new clones from him when I clone. As far a a clones I made a pretty sweet 32 site clones from a 18g roughneck tub. It uses aero sprayers. I'll look for a picture.

So if I take/buy clones every 3 weeks let them root and veg for 2-3 weeks them flower. As soon as I move the first round to flower I need to cut more and buy more clones for the next round? So if I am doing 10 plants each harvest at any given time I should have least 10 flowering and 10 veging? Oops it would be 20 flowering and 10 veging is that right?

4. i am browsing your journal now. it looks pretty sweet so far i love the "ghettoness" i am the same way id rather make it then buy it and if it works then who gives a crap?

i will have one mother that i will pull clones off of. she will not be able to produce the amount i will need so ill be going threw a friend that has a couple dozen strains and loves to clone lol. i will be trying to harvest every 3-4 weeks and even that is going to be allot of work. your a brave soul shooting for a harvest every week. i will shoot for 10-15 plants all vegged for 3weeks tops. so lets see if i have got this down. day 1 start clones(C1) day 21 move C1 into flowering, start new clones (C2), day 42 move C2 into flowering start C3, day 63 move C3 into flowering start C4, Day 84 move c4 to flowering, harvest C1 Start C5. then from day 84 on out ill be harvesting every time i clone and move a set into flower so at the most ill have 45 plants in flower and 15 in veg. that is if they flower in the 9 weeks which is on the long side of a few strains. and if all 15 clones make it. can you check and make sure this looks ok GC?

as far as a bubbler goes. i made a pretty neat cloner out of a 18g roughneck tub. ill try to find pictures but it has enough room for about 24 sites although i only have 6 cut right now. but thanks for the advice. i am going to try and post some pictures of what i have going now. its not much as its in my bathroom close right now. alll 5 girls are under 24/7 lighting. i started them under 2 PAR 30 LED builbs they loved them but i just didnt have enough for them all. so i switched to a 150w MH and one 42w CFL i have 4 more 42w CFLs i am going to use as soon as i get my veg. area done. or maybe ill use 3 in the veg with the 400w MH and 3 in the flower along withn the 600w HPS...thoughts? i am probably going to keep the clone in that closet under a dome with the 150w MH...any thoughts on all that info? ok back to my current girls. i have 3 dj short blueberrys. this is a strain i want to continue to grow and maybe try breeding down the road. so one of the 3 is my mother. then i have 2 Flo knowi think its a dj short strain but it was never confirmed. i have LSTd the hell out of all the girls. also have done some topping. my mother plant is VERY bushy and has at least 8 mains and many many more tops shooting up. so i am going to be cloning herr very soon. :) ok on with the pics

first one is a shot of them all second is just the new or soon to be mum. next to are the cloner with some yummy tomatoes starting off in it.

Attached Files:

5. Why can't I post a reply

6. [quote name='"tlsrcs"']Why can't I post a reply[/quote]

You just did? Lol

7. I replied earlier this morning like a huge long post with pictures and it said a moderator had to approve e it?? Is there anyone I can message to ask

8. I think you need your post count higher to post pics?

9. I hear that sometimes when you are new the system may flag your post as spam
    (based on the links or something)

GC is the BEST so don't sweat it, try again

(copy buffer your text so you don't lose it)

Make a few smaller posts to break it up a bit

Everyone is here for you man I'm pullin up a chair !! (subbed)..... :wave::wave::wave:

10. Ok I think I copied it this time as it was my third try at the post lol. After I get back ill post it again. I'll start a journal as well. Hopefully ill be picking up a new strain and a few more clones as well as clone my mum and build my grow rooms. So a lot to do this week

11. you'd have to place the first batch in @ different times...say you start with 50 clones..put half in starting on 12/12(no veg)...then add the other 25 four wks in..this way every after the first harvest of 25...the next 25 are four wks away from being done and space has opened up for 25 new added to the 12/12 cycle the 2nd batch of 25 are already on...this way every 4wks you'll be harvesting 25clones...thats a perpetual grow..and i dont see how this can be done with a veg cycle...this is how i grow now..77 bubba kush at the moment...straight 12/12 in 1gal containers..last pic was the start of current grow...you see the different ages....

Attached Files:

12. as far as i know a perpetual grow is just having a constant harvest at a set time. so every week or every month or however long you want between harvests. i think adding a veg time just makes your first harvest take a little longer to get to. but i just sat down and planed out what 189 growing days looks like. ill post that in a min. your plants look great btw. about how much do you yield per harvest? also about how tall are they at there peak? thanks buddogmutt for the info in advance.

13. Keep a few mothers and you have two options. I would run one veg room (could be a nice size walk-in closet) and two flowering rooms a month apart for bigger yields IF you have the space. Or, you can simply have one flowering room and introduce new clones to the room a couple weeks apart so you have a consistent harvest.

14. Here is what i have come up with as a sample 189 days of growing. i want to start this now but realistically ill probably take a few clones of my mum and flower 6. so total plant count wont be where i want it for a few harvest but the end game is this. so let me know if you guys see any issues with this "plan" oh all sets of new plants will be named C then each one will get a number based on when its planted for example C1 is the first then C2 so on and so on. and each set will be 10-15 clones

TLSRCS's perpetual grow
    10-15 plants per harvest
    Harvest every 3-4 weeks
    Shooting for 1 pound per harvest
    Always have 2-3 strains per harvest

Day 1- Start 10-15 clones C1

Day 21- Move C1 into flowering
    Start C2

Day 42- Move C2 into flowering
    Start C3

Day 63- Move C3 into flowering
    Start C4
    (as of now theoretically ill have 40-60 plants. 10-15 vegging and 30-45 flowering at different stages)

Day 77- C1 is at 56 days of flowering or 8 weeks ill start watching for trichiome
    color to harvest.

Day 84- Move C4 into flowering
    Start C5
    C1 is in its 9th week and should be readt to harvest if not done so yet.
    (after day 84 plant count should not exceed 60 plants as every time i start a new 10-15 ill be harvesting or have harvested the oldest 10-15)

Day 98- C2 is in its 8th week of flower and should be getting close to harvest

Day 105- Move C5 into flowering
    Start C6
    C2 is in its 9th week of flowering and should be ready if not already
    Harvested.

Day 119- C3 is in its 8th week of flowering and should be getting close to harvest

Day 126- Move C6 into flowering
    Start C7
    C3 is in its 9th week of flowering and should be ready if not already
    harvested.

Day 140- C4 is in its 8th week of flowering and should be close to harvest

Day 147- Move C7 into flowering
    Start C8
    C4 is in it 9th week of flowering and should be close if not already
    harvested.

Day 161- C5 is in its 8th week of flowering and should be getting close to harvest

Day 168- Move C8 into flowering
    Start C9
    C5 is in its 9th week of flowering and should be ready if not already
    harvested.

Day 182- C6 is in its 8th week of flowering and should be close to harvest

Day 189- Move C9 into flowering
    Start C10
    C6 is in its 9th week of flowering and should be ready if not already
    harvested.

So thats what i have so far. any thoughts, comments, or concerns? anything will help ALOT! so all is welcome.

15. oh also can anyone here help me diagnose this? its seem like this one clone is yellowing around the edges of her leaves new or old leaves. she is still in a solo cup and i plan on transplaning her tomorrow. i just nee to get another CFL up or my 400w MH

Attached Files:

16. If the clone has a good root system it's ready for food which is why it's yellowing. No food, it feeds off what is stored in the leaves. If you are feeding, it may be a nitrogen or Calmag deficiency.

17. ok yea i am feeding full strength ionic grow and PK boost. do you think it could be something to do with it being in a solo cup still? also the soil is pretty dense in the cups i got the clones in compared to the fox farm soil i transplanted the mom into.

18. #18 SiRbUdZaLot84, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
    Yes it definitely needs to be transplanted if the roots are all bunched up in the cup. That could also be the reason for yellowing too. Why are you giving it PK boost already? I always add that later in flowering.. It is only a clone still in a solo cup so you should still veg for a lil while and you shouldn't be going that strong on the nutes. Stick to the feeding schedule for your nute line. When my clones root I still veg for 3-4 weeks then switch to flower. Maximize your yield!

19. Well I am only planing to veg for 3 weeks total and these lady's have been with me for about that long. I just have been putting off ttansplanting. I am doing a sog so ill have short veg but hopefully make up for it with quantity of plants. Thanks for the advice though. I was told by the hydro shop to use it with the grow to help with the yellowing. I am ttansplanting her tomorrow my money is on that being an issue. Especially how dense the soil is in the cup.

20. I agree. I can almost guarantee that's the reason for yellowing. If not, check your run off Ph as well.