perp grow clone/mother/veg box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dragnblow, Nov 16, 2011.

1. #1 dragnblow, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    Ok, i want to set up a perpetual grow where i harvest every month, and have 2 plants going at the same time.
    I have a 2'x2'x4.5' tent with 150w hps as my flowering room.
    I plan on taking clones, having mothers and clones in the same box, and vegging for 1 month before putting into flowering room.
    So, i was wondering if there will be enough room to have 2 mothers, and at least 2 clones that will veg for a month all in a box that is 1.5'x1.5'x2' with CFLs inside.

2. Would it be acceptable to take a clone and veg the mother and let it flower, and then when the clone is ready to flower, just take a clone from it and repeat? Ive never read about not keeping a mother, is a clone of a clone the same thing or will the genetics mess up over time or something? I feel like that would save a great deal of space but if its not good i don't want to do it.

3. Yeah you can do that. I kinda like to think as the mother as "insurance". That way if something happens to your grow (bugs, mold, nosey people, etc.) You can always start again with, essentially, the same plants....so its not a total loss. Also, you don't have to wait the veg time for them to be big enough to clone. Its really just a matter of preference I guess