Permission to Post a Meetup Thread?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by iPowers, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

So I was wondering if I am allowed to post a topic saying that I"m from Arizona and would like to meetup or know other people from Arizona and AVOID publicly showing any contact info so i'm not violating the rules. i wanted to ask if I am allowed to do such a thing and if so, where would be the appropriate place to post it?

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Try contacting an admin directly. I'd like to know the answer too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I will do that but first I wanna see if I can get a response here. If after a couple of days I don't hear anything I will for sure do that.

4. I'll report this and we will see, not for sure, but you probably won't get a lot of reply's saying I live here unless it's in a legal state.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Post a thread about wanting to meet up/live in Arizona but don’t make it one about growing marijuana... I’ve spoke with ppl in threads here that don’t grow AT ALL and talk In post about not growing. Any personal info just DM. I’d say as ur not posting about meeting up to buy/sell or other illegal activities then I don’t see there being a problem making a thread about like minded ppl in same area meeting up/becoming friends

6. We have alerted the site's Admin for her thoughts.
    I believe it to be just about as ZEROBS has stated.
    There have been periodic attempts to get meet ups, many involve just coffee or brews to avoid any entrapment.
    Grasscity itself does not endorse such things due to a concern for all our members safety and security.
    Actions taken by individuals are not something we can control though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So Cal Growers Unite
    Start a local State thread like we have for So Calif then Private Message responders and meet at one of the Cannabis Cups in your area.
    The Southern California growers just did another meet and greet last month.
    Members come and go but a solid core of us are still in close contact.

We keep direct contact talk off the public Grass City site so as not to give the moderators a reason to scold us or put the main site at risk.
    Sites have been raided and closed and people went to jail when the talk and meet ups got to public like what happened to Overgrow.com

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. A meetup thread such as what you are mentioning puts too much of a responsibility on Grasscity. If anything was to happen to any of our members such as entrapment or worse, there could be issues that we just don't want to be responsible for. What you do behind the scenes is on you and is your business (unless reported).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.