Perma-high from edibles? Is it possible? Help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jamesmac1985, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Hi Everyone,

I have never smoked or consumed weed before. A month ago, a "friend" thought it would be a good joke to have me eat a THC brownie, without telling me there was THC in it.

I ate the brownie, went back to my hotel room alone, started chatting on my phone and suddenly it hit me real bad. I felt a veil dropping on my consciousness and a feeling of panic. I instantly felt:
    • My thoughts becoming super slow and "dumb"
    • My memories becoming vague
    • My vision becoming cloudy
    I thought I was dying at first. Then, I figured out maybe 30 mins later that I probably had been drugged and tried to chill. Problem is, I woke up the next day feeling super groggy and woozy. And a month later I am still in the same state.

I feel super "off". Like when you wake up in the morning and you're cloudy for few seconds before becoming fully conscious. I basically feel only 80% awake. I can't concentrate well, I feel kind of dizzy all the time, my vision is sort of drunk-like and I have weird/dumb thoughts passing on my mind (the kind of random thoughts you'd normally have right before falling asleep).

• Could the edible have f*cked my brain?
    • A friend told me the issue is the anxiety that came with the bad trip and I need to lower my anxiety level to come back to normal. Problem is my freaking out. I feel mentally impaired right now.
    Thanks so much in advance for any info or advice!

Cheers

2. a distant 'friend' drugged you? thats is ilegal in most states

...is he still your friend..?

as most stoners here take weed voluntary

I'd trash him as he treid to trash you

weed ain't for everyone to prevent further brain injury

see a doc

3. @vostok He was my best friend since kindergarden... (I'm 30yo now). The most stupid way to ruin a friendship I guess. I'll never forgive him for that. I guess it's a bit hard cause now I also have to deal with the "loss" of my best friend.

It is what it is. I just want to come back to a normal level of consciousness, the rest is secondary.

4. Find out how strong the edibles where.. it is possible to be high for days if you eat enough edibles.. some people on GC stay high 24/7 with edibles lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Apparently they were "average" dosage. My friend got the same amount as I got and he was perfectly fine the next day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Seriously the dude doesn't know what dose he gave you?? 10mg is the recommended dose for anyone who doesn't have a tolerance to edibles..

Whenever I have edibles I eat a 1/4 then wait 1/2 hours to see if I need anymore.

You should be fine in a few days dude don't worry about it marijuana can't kill you, just try to stay hydrated/eat food & get some sleep that should help you.. all you can do is ride it out with edibles if you've taken a high dose which could be the case with you dude:confused_2:

Edibles also effect everyone different some people need 100mg to feel anything & others only need 10mg & they're flying lol

7. Thanks man for the reply!

That bad trip was a month ago tho... Do you think it's possible to still be under the effect after such a long time?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't think it'd be possible after a month dude

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hell i once gave somebody a chocolate without telling them it had like half a cup of coffee of caffeine in it. But this is different. Yikes!

Doesnt sound like a good move for a friend to do, although the lasting month thing seems odd, try moving past it if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lol, sorry to laugh. But it was a funny story! Bro don't go ending a friendship over a pot brownie ffs! As for still being high NO. Impossible. What has happened is your experience has created PTSD you are also suffering from Anxiety which triggars PTSD.

Your going to think my next bit of advice is insane. But if you're in a legal state, trudge your ass down to a Dispensary and tell them your story and that you want a weak edible to combat Anxiety. Possibly just CBD with no THC. Sounds insane I know. If not you need to get a doctor to prescribe you Valium. If you don't combat this Anxiety then it will forever feel that you're in this stoned state of mind. Good Luck. You will be fine bro it's just weed.

Projected from my Asshole by the light that shines out of it!

11. I try to b like that what u mad for?

12. @Joey Genovese Ya I agree with you on that PTSD thing. I didn't know what was happening so I freaked out and had multiple panic attacks during the trip (never had a panick attack in my life before... that's no fun). I was still having panic attacks until last week... seems like the anxiety is starting to go down but I still feel super foggy. It's hard and exhausting to concentrate right now... Also my vision is still f*cked and I still feel dizzy AF.

I'm taking CBD drops, but doesn't look like it's doing much so far...